Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Where did I go?

You all may be wondering where the hell I went. Well, lest my blog go the way of the EiMax, I've decided to update. Well, let's see, November 19th I got canned so I'm now "between jobs", aka unemployed. The reasons why are complicated (and complete BS as far as I'm concerned), but it's all for the best really. I wasn't really suited for the place, not being right-wing, particularly Christian, nor unreasonably fanatical about the word "ass" being uttered on television. I've been enjoying the little vacation and took some time to go visit my family in northern Wisconsin, and even made time for a day trip to good old Mad-town to chill with some buddies and beer at the Great Dane and the Come Back Inn. All in all a great trip, plenty of friends and family and good times all around. But damn was it cold! Anyway, after a day off back in LA it was off the fabulous Las Vegas for New Year's Eve with moe. at the Cox Pavilion on the UNLV campus. And since the Badgers didn't make it to the Rose Bowl, we stuck around for a second show New Year's Day. Both shows were awesome, but be sure you wear comfortable shoes when you're going to a rockin' 3 set show that you're going to want to dance at a lot. I tried to go with the "cute" boots at the first show and was nearly crying by the end of the night. In fact, I bought flip-flops at the nearby CVS and chucked those boots right in the trash after the show.

So, now that all the excitement of the holidays is over, it's time to buckle down and find a J-O-B. Unemployment doesn't quite cover all my travel and Vegas expenses (e.g. booze, smokes and hookers). So if any of you hear of a job in the LA/Venice/Santa Monica area that doesn't suck, send it my way at smtervo@yahoo.com. Happy New Year to all and have a happy, healthy, awesome 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home