Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Soooo...yea, what's up?

I feel bad sometimes when I go for long spells without updating my blog, but when I try to think of something interesting to write I can think of nothing. Is my existence really that dull? Maybe. Perhaps I've fallen into a rut, become too complacent and repetitive in my daily life. It mostly goes like this: wake up, take dog out, get ready for work, go to work, work, leave work, get home, take dog out again and hang out with Jason (if he's home) while watching TiVo or my Netflix, and maybe hang out with the neighbors if they're around, go to sleep. The end. Are you asleep yet? Sometimes I will actually go out in the world and, you know, do stuff on the weekends, but not always. I am beginning to think this sounds more like the life of a 45-year-old rather than a 25-year-old. Oh well.

This tedium has me really excited to go on vacation in Arizona next week. It will be hot as hell and I will probably get sunburned, but at least I will get some different scenery and be somewhere other than work. Plus we get to hang out with some of Jason's family, including Miss Daniela who is a big four years old as of yesterday. Good times. Y'all let me know if you have any super adventures so I can live vicariously through you.

Peace out.

4 Comments:

Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Have a great time in Arizona... we're looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the desert sun!

and you do know everyone else has a tough time coming up with ideas to blog, too, right?!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Thank for the tip Leah. I went to Target Boutique last night after work and picked up some oil-free spray on sun block for vacation. I also learned a valuable lesson: going southbound on La Cienega off Venice is rush hour traffic is suicide. Last time I’ll be trying that. Part of the reason I dislike sun block so much is that greasy feel, so hopefully this will be much better. However, I’m wondering how you apply this to your face. Do you close your eyes really tight and ask someone to spritz you? Maybe I need separate rub on sun block too?

Blogging is hard sometimes, but reading other people’s fabulous blogs just inspires me to try harder. Before long I will be setting up contrived situations in which something wacky is bound to happen just so I’ll have something to write about.

9:50 AM  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

You are not boring.. you are living what we call... "life" or rather.. life chasing the mighty dollar.

As least your life consist of Netflix / Tivo. Which provides you with "different" entertainment. You are watching different episodes of different shows, right? ^_^

My life is the same, week in, week out.. I so look forward to vacations. Even though I just got back from Japan 2 months ago.. I am so ready to go again.

Have fun in Arizona =)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Have an awesome time - don't feel bad - as a 29 year old, my life is pretty much the same thing...

and we all have trouble with coming up with blog entries. I keep a word folder on my desktop for inspiration. Yes, I know. I'm a GEEK!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home