Monday, July 25, 2005


So, Summer Party happened on Saturday night at Paramount Studios. It was HOT and setting up Saturday afternoon was not a treat for anyone. I was very, very sweaty before the party even began. I’ve got to hand it to our event staff. They were there by 8am and didn’t leave until the wee hours of the morning. Despite some miscommunication and snafus at the start of the evening, we got everything in line, guests bought tickets and were checked in. People ate (though according to Jason, the food was pretty mediocre. All I had time for was cold pasta salad and some pizza-bread stuff), drank, danced, bought raffle tickets, bid at the silent auction, and rode the ferris wheel. No one died and I don’t think anyone is going to sue us, so all in all I would say it was a great success. Also I would like to mention that I do not have to deal with the damn auto raffle anymore, which makes my life a lot easier. It’s all over, and we may now move on with our regularly scheduled lives.

Sunday I had a fabulous time eating late breakfast at the farmers’ market in Santa Monica and basking in the sun at the beach. I got my boogie board in the water for the first time this summer. I need to get some feet fins so I can boogie it up right.

I’m schedule for my root canal at the dentist today. Maybe they will give me some drugs this time if I ask nicely.

I would also like to mention that it is officially Jason’s birthday week (actual birthday Wed, July 27), so you should all go over to J’s blog and send him some birthday love!


Blogger Leah said...

I have to visit satan er... the dentist tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I'm going to give Jason a beautiful pearl necklace for his birthday!

Wait, that was bad. Forgive me,

I'll just masturbate on account of Jason's birthday. I'll mail the photos later.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Stewsday said...

Good luck w. the dentist. I've been told by dentists to be honest and say something to the tune of "I don't mind to be loopy, but I can't stand the pain."

11:59 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Dave, has anyone ever told you that you're weird and gross? I guess that's just part of your individual charm.

What is wrong with my dentist? I complained about the pain of the crown prep procedure I had two weeks prior before he even started and he didn’t seem to take it too seriously. After my root canal the dentist left me before I was even closed up. After the dental assistant replaced my temp crown and removed the approximately bazillion foreign objects from my mouth so I could speak again, I asked her about pain medication. She told me I could take Advil. Advil people! Croc of shit I tell you. I was in quite a bit of pain yesterday when I woke up, so I called in sick and considered calling the dentist for drugs, but I didn’t feel like moving or speaking any more so I stayed in bed and took a handful of ibuprofen. Later in the day I realized that I had a bottle of Diazepam (aka Valium) that was intended for my dog’s anxiety condition. It was prescribed months ago, but it didn’t seem to do anything for him so we only gave him the one dose and I had forgotten about it. So, I spent the afternoon sleeping on the couch in considerably less pain and had no trouble sleeping last night. **Note: I am not condoning use of drugs prescribed for other people under normal circumstances. Not unless you go on the internet and research the drug and dosage, which practically makes you a MD, right? Right.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

The best part is that you took drugs prescribed for your DOG. :) And although I didn't have to go to the dentist, I did have to see my Voldemort on Monday. You know, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, at least around boys.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Also, happy birthday Jason!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home