Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Po' me

This post is basically to complain to no one in particular that I feel like ass. I started coming down with something yesterday afternoon, but as usual my first response to that I-may-be-coming-down-with-something feeling was complete denial. I'm sure I picked something up from one of those walking bacterial cultures (I think they're called "children") at the clinic on Monday. Last night was my neighbor's birthday cook-out, so of course instead of drinking lots of fluids and going to bead early I stay up till almost 10 eating and chatting away as I can feel my head grow hotter and hands get cold and clammy. I took what I thought was 2 NyQuil capsules (discovered the next morning to actually be DayQuil. I was a bit out of it.) and crashed. At 2am I was wide awake and so HOT, and I had a nasty headache in the back of my head that extended all through my neck and shoulders. I think "I should call in sick" but roll over to look at the clock only to realize it is not morning yet. Luckily my fever had gone down by morning, but I still wasn't feeling so good. Of course I had important things to do today, because one can never get sick when one actually has time to be sick. I ended up going back into the clinic to complete the testing I needed done and going to work for a couple hours and then going home at noon at the insistence of my co-workers. I canceled my afternoon dentist appointment, rescheduling the permanent installment of my new crown for the third time. I've pretty much been sleeping all day since then but can't seem to shake this sore throat and woosy head. And maybe I'm feeling a little bit warm. And my lower back hurts. :( I really hope I feel better by morning. I have a conference bright and early and I want to take Friday as my personal day.

On the bright side Jason is coming home tomorrow morning, earlier than expected :~)



That's my sweetie and our buddy Franklin from NYC at Fiesta in Santa Barbara a couple weeks ago. Ain't they sweet?

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Feel better soon!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I'm alive..and doing work at home at 10pm :(

10:09 PM  
Blogger Beans said...

lol. Was he about to sneeze?
Awww being in love....

12:43 PM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Feel better! No need to push yourself to hang with your iif's--after all, we'll still be here, all blessing to the internet. :)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home