Friday, September 16, 2005

Celebrity Sighting



Anyone who watched the short-lived but fabulous TV show My So Called Life will recognize this charming young man as the character Rickie Vasquez, played by Wilson Cruz. He also played Angel in Rent on Broadway but I never saw it. Turns out Mr. Cruz was at a reception I attended for work last Tuesday at The Abbey. He was the MC during the speaking program, and girlfriend, he was TEE-rashed. I guess he took advantage of the complementary sour apple Bacardi cocktails at the bar (which were delicious by the way. I got a drink that tasted just like a candied apple with butterscotch schnapps. Yum!). He made comments about how tipsy he was, and it was evident by the swaying and gushing. He loved everybody in that place. Amusing but a tad unprofessional if you ask me. It was fun times though, the Abbey is an amazing space (they have booths with beds in them that you can lounge and drink in, outdoor patio, dance floor and DJ booth, and the décor is pretty cool) and it was a great crowd. I should hang out there on the weekend and pick up hot chicks.

The weekend is almost here, the end is in sight. Badgers play Tar Heels at North Carolina tomorrow night. Go Badgers! Hopefully we can get a group together to go watch it at Maloney's with cheap PBR on tap.

Also, now that we’ve all got natural disaster on the brain, I find this a little terrifying.

4 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

drinks that taste like apple=yummy

pbr=ewwwie

weekend=alllllright! gonna celebrate my promotion, help clean up a park, put dreads in my hair and GET SOME SLEEP!! (i hope).

1:26 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Aw, I loved "My So-Called Life" ... and those drinks sound sooo delish! I'd probably be a bit tipsy, too! :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

FYI - Badgers WIN 14-5. Brian Calhoun is the man. But seriously, if the Badgers are gonna beat Michigan they’ll have to do better. Total yards rushing WI – 166; NC - 57, and we still barely beat them. UNC had a slight edge on us in the passing game, but still. The second and third quarter were just abysmal, I thought Barry was gonna drop from a heart attack.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: I have a couple peeps who know him VERY VERY well, and they tell me that you are mistaken. Both spoke with him before and after the speech and nope, Ricky was not drunky. So just being a silly man!

TBone

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home