Friday, September 30, 2005

Find your city, find yourself a city to live in.

On my post below where I bitch incessantly about LA and traffic someone named Mary commented that I should try the quiz at FindYourSpot.com. It was kind of a fun quiz and I’d recommend it if you’ve got some time to kill. Some of the suggested cities are worth further investigation, others are a definite no. Here are my top 24 cities:

1. Portland, Oregon Rain, rain go away.

2. Honolulu, Hawaii I’ve never been to Hawaii, but then again I’d never been to California before I moved here.

3. Little Rock, Arkansas Ummm, Arkansas? Really? I think of the south as a wonderful place to visit, but not so much a place I would ever live. I think I would feel a bit out of place and alienated so deep in the red country, if you know what I mean.

4. Baltimore, Maryland Spent some time there when I lived near DC in Bethesda, MD. Wasn’t too impressed. Blue collar city to the max, not my kind of thing.

5. San Francisco, California Never been, but an interesting possibility.

6. San Jose, California

7. Hartford, Connecticut Huh?

8. Providence, Rhode Island Umm, no.

9. Washington, DC Been there, done that, and no.

10. New Haven, Connecticut Connecticut, is there something I’m missing?

11. Boston, Massachusetts I visited the airport there once. It snows there plenty, right? And the traffic is just as bad, right?

12. Oakland, California Sounds boring?

13. Las Vegas, Nevada Good god no! Another one of those wonderful-to-visit-never-live-there-in-a-million-years places.

14. Santa Barbara, California Been there once, it was very nice, but maybe the pace of life there is a bit slow for my taste.

15. Santa Cruz, California

16. Seattle, Washington I’d love to visit, I do like coffee, but then again not so much a fan of the rain.

17. Eugene, Oregon

18. Corvallis, Oregon

19. Ventura, California

20. Sacramento, California

21. Fayetteville, Arkansas Hey Becca, your hometown!

22. Cincinnati, Ohio Just say “no” to Ohio.

23. Knoxville, Tennessee Are you kidding me?

24. Norfolk, Virginia Yeah, I don’t think so.

Lots of west coast cities to choose from here. Maybe I need to get some travel going on. Yeah, like when I have vacation days and spare cash. Let’s aim for 2012.

I’d be interested to hear what all ya’ll’s (maybe I do belong in the south?) dream city is.

*BTW the title of this post is in reference to the song Cities. Good song!*

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting....

My #1 city...
LITTLE ROCK, AK - I don't think so!
then,
Honolulu, HI sounds nice, althought I've never been.

San Bernadino, CA Um, the Valley I think...No thank you!

Portland, OR I had friends that lived there and I've visited...the rest of OR is much cooler. But, it rains too much for my taste. And the job market there sucks from what I hear.

Las Vegas, NV PLEASE!? No way. How would they have selected this for me when on all the questions I selected hiking and outdoors activities and NOT in the freaking desert.

Sacramento, CA No effing way!

Alexandria, LA Um, not right now I don't think.

Santa Barbara, CA Family there. Beautiful. But, expensive as hell and too laid back. Nice place to visit though.

Fayetville, AK Again...Becca?!

Las Cruces, NM...looks georgous. And I do love New Mexico. But, maybe Taos is more my style.

TBone

11:33 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Ha Ha, TBone got a Valley city!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

My #1 place is also Little Rock, AK followed by LAS VEGAS!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Beans said...

I need to go to Honolulu in the worst kind of way.
I need a vacation from job one, two, and three.
Word.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I got Honalulu too, but then again, I think for a majority of Americans livin' in Hawaii is a gimme. They said I'd love to live in New Orleans, and I would say that was true in the past, but for the moment, no.
I didn't think I'd love livin' in Chicago and was California dreamin' (San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, etc...), but now we're square. I just have to keep the warmth in my heart instead of in the air.
"Wherever you go there you are!"

3:20 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

hooray! come to portland! i will show you all the best places to hang out!

4:36 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i did this once before and my number one place was portland. and i already lived here!

also included were eugene, seattle, san francisco, and some odd places on the east coast.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I live in San Jose, CA. I like it. Just be sure if you live in San Jose, you also WORK in San Jose. Otherwise, you might as well stay in LA. Traffic sucks here too.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I live in Sacramento - good in many ways, BAD in others. Mainly because summers can get to be 110-115, the traffic sucks, and the housing market has gone through the roof

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home