Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What's in your closet?

I got tagged by Jen this time. So here you are, from the deep abyss that is my closet:

Three Random Facts About My Closet:
1) I share it with Jason
2) There is a sea of shoes and handbags and I don’t know what else on the floor
3) Dexter (my dog) knows how to open the doors and has been known to steal my clothes off the hangers.

Three Items I've Never Worn But Still Haven't Tossed:
1) A light blue linen button down shirt that’s too small
2) A sleeveless longish brown sweater jacket thingy that my aunt knitted (it’s a keepsake, she passed away over six years ago. If I were a little slimmer it might be more flattering. Then again, I could say that about almost everything in my closet :/ )
3) A simple but flattering black dress just waiting for the right occasion (It was part of my Halloween costume last year, but an unfortunate fall down some stairs early in the evening (thank you rum and coke) prevented me from actually wearing it anywhere, so I’m gonna say that doesn't count.)

Three Items I'll Never Get Rid Of, No Matter How Ugly They Get:
1) My Hudson Swimming sweatshirt
2) My Wolfridge Environmental Learning Center t-shirt. (It has paint on it and a small tear where it got caught on the slide at a playground, but I still wear it to the gym.)
3) A dashiki shirt I got a garage sale for less than a dollar. It’s getting a bit threadbare in places but it’s got such pretty colors and big front pockets.

Three Items People Wouldn't Expect To Find In My Closet:
1) A bunch of Jason's photography equipment
2) His and hers jester hats (for some reason I have an awful lot of hats. I wear maybe two of them on a regular basis)
3) Abandoned knitting projects

Three items that made me go, "Oh Lord, what was I thinking?":
Ummm… I think I've gotten rid of most of these types of things and tend to have better fashion sense these days. But here are some blasts from the past:
1)Orange polyester mini-dress with a polo shirt type collar (It was very retro-chic at the time. I wore it with platform sneakers)
2)A silver spandex top with some random screen-print art on the front.
3)Plaid pants (for some reason these were so cool in high school. Mixing and matching plaid was also acceptable.)

Three things that I have a surprising number of:
1) Shoes
2) hand bags
3) button down shirts

Three dominant colors in my wardrobe:
I have a rainbow, I like colors

Three items that never fail to put me in a good mood whenever I wear them:
1) cords
2) my pink shirt
3) my pajama pants

I tag Leah, TWAM (what do men keep in their closets?) and Ms. Felicia Beans (haven't seen hide nor hair of Beans since Rita, so I hope she is alive and well and can post this meme at some point). There, I actually named names, so you better do it or the curse of the meme gods will fall upon you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

How funny - seems like everyone's animals have some sort of fascination with our closets. My cat gets herself closed up in mine all the time.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Beans said...

Yay!
I love being tagged.
All is well.
Rita was all talk, she didnt do anything here in SA.
Good thing.
Im going to post later today.

9:02 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

excellent contents. i wonder what's living in my closet?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hi Shanani's!!!

i love my pajamma pants too. and i ain't afraid to wear them anywhere either...much to my boyfriends dismay...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home