Monday, October 10, 2005

Weekend rewind

Friday night our friend Becca hosted her first Shabbas dinner in her newish, now fully furnished apartment to celebrate the first Shabbat of the new year. It was lovely. There was much pot luck goodness, wine, and good company all around. Hooray for broccoli cheese casserole!

Saturday morning Jason went off to go take his test so he can substitute teach. I watched the Wisconsin @ Northwestern game. It made me very, very sad :~( Defense, what the hell? Where were you? Stocco, your passing game has really improved over the last couple of weeks, but try not to fall apart under pressure OK? A couple of those passes looked like you forgot which color jersey was supposed to be receiving. After the game I went off to the Y to sweat it out and lick my wounds.

Saturday night Ben was nice enough to invite everyone over for PBRs, leftover broccoli cheese casserole, and a movie. We watched Teenwolf. Maybe one of you out there in blogworld can answer this one: what is it about being a werewolf that makes one so good at basketball and van surfing?

Yesterday we drove up to Carpentaria to go the Avocado Festival. The weather was just gorgeous and it was fun times. There were vats of guacamole, and avocado ice cream, and all the usual artsy-craftsy booths you find at those quaint small town festivals. I took home a lot of avocados. I took lots of pictures too, and will get around to uploading them and posting some here soon.

Hope you all had a good weekend and that your Monday isn’t sucking too much :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

I saw no deep fried avos. Probably better that way. The guac was awesome though, and the ice cream was interesting. Kind of like salty super creamy vanilla.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Avocado ice cream??? No way...I love avocados and ice cream. Cool!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

It just occured to me that I know the lawyer who represents the avacado grower's union in California, who most likely was at the event. If memory serves me right he said that the avacado growers were amongst the most powerful & strongest unions in California... at least amongst produce. I love a good avacado and it sounds like a yummy event that I'm sad I missed. Its cold again in Chicago. We're barely putting our heads above 60 degrees.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Spraitz said...

i'm sad that there weren't any deep fried avos. we had them at the fair and they were delicious!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

b
Mmm...avocados. i like to slice them in half and load the middle with tomatillo salsa and salt.

and i mash them with mayo and eat them with chips.

i could probably slice them like bananas on my cereal and still be happy. hey..they had avocado ice cream!!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Stucco Contractors Borough of Queens said...

Veery creative post

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home