Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Goings on and what nots

Last Saturday we all went to go see the new Harry Potter movie and it was awesome! We saw the matinee and I was fully expecting obnoxious children to be everywhere, but surprisingly the kids were well behaved. Maybe because it’s PG-13 and not a little kid movie. It’s been too long since I read the book, I’ll have to read it again soon. I won’t say anything else so as not to spoil it for those who haven’t gone yet. We went to Souplantation for dinner and they had veggie black bean chili! Made my night (I’m easy to please).

Sunday I learned how to play regular dominos at the neighbors’ place, as opposed to Mexican train dominos, which looks like this:



Regular dominos has some of The Math, but I think I got it down sort of. I also did a great job of sticking to my healthier eating habits by drinking almost an entire bottle of Pinot Noir by myself and eating about half a pizza. Yeah, there are anti-oxidants in the wine, and there were vegetables on the pizza. ‘Nuff said.

I am going home for the Thanksgiving and my parents live in the stone age without the internets (and no cable or satellite TV. Whatever will I do!). Right now it is 33 degrees in good ‘ol Hudson, WI but it feels like 29, because 33 isn’t cold enough doncha know. Rain/snow mix predicted, overnight lows in the teens. Right now it looks like the temp won’t crack 40 the whole time I’ll be home. Always good to be reminded of why I put up with LA. I’ll be back next Tuesday. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours y’all!

4 Comments:

Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving! (To me it just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving if it's not cold!)

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Man I could use some cold weather... it's hard to wear all my handknits when it's 87 degrees outside LOL. Have a great trip and bundle up!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

DRESS WARM!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

doncha know! i love accents. of all kinds. since i'm from maine i didn't say my "r's"

"give me a beeah" "you're such a queeeah"

hahaha...hope you had a good tofurkey day!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home