Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I ain't whistlin' no Dixie



Your Linguistic Profile:



65% General American English

20% Yankee

15% Upper Midwestern

0% Dixie

0% Midwestern





WTF? How the bloody hell did I end up more Yank than Upper Midwestern? I’m from freakin’ Wisconsin. And what exactly is “General” American English anyway? I also notice that there is no “Southwest” or “West Coast” dialects. Another bunk quiz from blogthings? Say it ain’t so. They do have some strange things they say in the Midwest that I grew up with and just decided sounded weird later on. Like “pop”, and the Midwestern pronunciation of “roof”, “root”, “bag” and “bagel” are all a little off. Ya der, hey, don’chya know, you bet’chya.

In other news, Madison Halloween got a bit out of control again this year, and I missed it. My sister went for the State Street experience, but made her exit before the tear gas came out, so she had a really good time. We were at Vegoose having our own wild crazy fun time. Pictures coming soon (oh, who am I kidding, whenever I get around to uploading and posting them).

Also, I managed to come to work an hour early today. Me. So. Tired. I was too wiped out by the time we got home last night to remember to change my freakin’ clocks. Guess I’m leaving early today. Yipee!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beans said...

omg I got to work early too!
Like 30 minutes early, I got up in one of those moods I guess.
It likely wont happen tomorrow though, or for the rest of this year either actually.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

cute...Your Linguistic Profile:
50% General American English
35% Yankee
10% Upper Midwestern
5% Dixie
0% Midwestern
where the hell did i get dixie???

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home