Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Where am I and how did I get here?

You know that sort of disoriented, lethargic feeling one gets when returning to work after some time off? Yeah, I’ve been up since 6:30 (I know, freakin’ 6:30) and it still feels like I’m in some sort of dream state. I got up nice and early to make sure the doggies had some exercise and feeding and plenty of fresh water and foot cream (the bitch has athlete’s foot, aka ringworm, which is actually a fungus. You learn something new every day.)

Jason headed off to Florida on Saturday morning. Sadie’s mom and dad are back in Wisco/Chi-town for the holidays so I am dog sitting the Bizzle.

Dexter says “I keep my bitches in check yo. I’ll bite your head off, I swears! Merry Christmas, fools!” (Please enjoy the Christmas flair added by odd cropping and MS Paint)

On Christmas Eve my neighbors hosted a feast! There was a Honeybaked ham and roast turkey for the meat eaters, but I tried out a new product and got a Quorn “turkey style” roast. On its own it’s a bit bland, but with some gravy (home-made veggie of course) and all the awesome sides (butternut squash, shells and cheese, green bean casserole…), I think I might explode just thinking about it. And there was the added excitement of wrapping paper catching fire from a candle. Good times! Oh, and lots and lots of holiday cheer in the form of red wine…so much red wine. I slept in really late on Christmas morning.

I was pretty much a sloth-hermit for the rest of my time off. The unseasonable marine layer near the coast kept the sun hidden behind a blanket of gray, which only encouraged my hibernating instinct. I checked in on the cats on Sunday, did some shopping on Monday. The rest of my time was consumed with dog walking, napping, reading, eating (damn you butter cookies magically appearing on my doorstep!) and spending some QT with TiVo.

It is so ghostly quiet here at the office it’s eerie. Only half my department is in, maybe I’ll get to go home early… One can dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Peng and I are going to have our own T'giving here soon. my tgiving was in bellinghame and i never did get any "turkey" sandwiches which is why i love t'day.

so we'll buy our tofurkey and load it up with stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce...mm....kody can't tell the difference either.

and happy new years to yous shanani!

12:28 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmmmm i love the holidays. so much good food and drink and friends and family. and time off from work!
it is literally dead here too . . . maybe i'll leave early? my boss already left . . .

happy new year!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mean Red said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home