Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Huh?

Guess where I was at 5:30 am this morning? No, go ahead guess. OK, I'll just tell you. I was at the Y in the pool at 5:30 am. Yes, by the time I am usually hitting the first snooze button I had been swimming for an hour, 2500 yards. I am so hard core. Let's hope this was not an isolated incident.

I got to use my brand new speedo that I bought on e-bay last month.
Purple, pretty! It's a little more grandma-cut than my old suit, with a higher back and it has foam cups in the liner, but it does have the advantage of slimming the waist and hiding my back fat (yes I have back fat, which is why I was in the pool at such an ungodly hour).

Also, I was at my desk a full 15 minutes early today. It's like a total stranger switched places with me in my sleep. But I like her. I hope she sticks around.

Happy Humpday!

7 Comments:

Blogger ramblin' girl said...

I need to get in the pool at 5:30... but I'm honest enough with myself that I know that will never happen (not a good morning workout person) however, I'm starting lunch workouts back up as soon as we settle this case! woohoo!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe! Shan, you know what's funny is I was just waking up to go to the gym at 5:30 when you were in the pool. Last week I was at the gym by 6 am not once, but TWICE!!! And I do plan on going Friday morning. Yea for us!!!

TBone

1:14 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

wait a sec...did you go work out at 5:30??? i'm so PROUD OF YOU!! i know how hard that is. I've been working out every day and even though i see nothing yet (have only been doing this since the 2nd...but still) i keep pluggin along.

this time i'm going to work out, eat well but not tons and even eat sugar once in a while too! it'll happen. just not in a week like wehn i was 22.

bleh.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Just FYI - I managed to get up and swim again this morning. I need some new goggles in a bad way. One pair leaves marks around my eyes for a whole day and the other gives me a headache.

Way to go everyone with the working it out! If I can manage two morning swims a week and a work out or two on the weekends I will be mucho happy with myself.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shan....so funny, I TOO managed to get to the gym again this manana!!! Way to go us!!!

TBone

12:05 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

great job!
I so need to start doing this same thing myself.

12:37 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i LOVE purple! i've turned into that girl that hits snooze several times . . . i used to not be that way . . . i couldn't even sleep in on the weekends! now, i have no problem sleeping till 11 on saturdays!

maybe i'll start swimming at 5am . . .
eh, maybe next year.
i'm proud of you!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home