Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It is a post / Told by a blogger, full of randomness and rambling, / Signifying nothing.

Hola amigos and amigas. It’s been a while since I rapped at ‘ya. If I post once a week that’s enough, right?

So, those of you waiting with baited breath to hear what fabulous prize I won on the Price is Right, well wait no more. I won….Nothing! Absolutely nothing! You so stupid! (OK, if you didn’t see UHF that won’t be funny. And you should Netflix that. Weird Al at his best.) I did not get called to come on down, but it was an experience (an all day experience) to be part of the studio audience on the PiR. We got to the studio lot at 6:45 and were basically just waiting around, with a trip for breakfast and to a park for napping in the sun to kill some time thrown in there, until the taping at 2:30. Once we got in there and they started taping things moved really fast. The taping will be aired on Thursday, so maybe if you watch you will see me and my peeps out there screaming like crazy trying to keep ourselves warm because it was freakin’ freezing in there. I think the studio is actually designed to be some sort of cryogenic chamber for Bob Barker. Bob seemed cool enough, upon audience request he recited his famous line from Happy Gilmore. He seems a lot less orange in person than on TV. The set is a lot smaller than you’d think, and even cheesier looking than you could possibly imagine. Everything in there seemed to be made of plyboard plastered with glitter.

My whole department at work got new computers, and I got functioning speakers and an ergonomic split keyboard. And only two people lost all their e-mail in this process. No small miracle considering the IT support around here. I’m listening to streaming internet audio right now! It is so much faster and doesn’t crash on me if I try to run the database program. I am in love.

I was supposed to go see Keller Williams in Santa Ana last Thursday, but I had such a crazy pull-your-hair-out-of-your-skull kind of week at work that I was in no shape for commuting to a concert. I settled for just going to the Friday show at the Music Box. It was so great to see Keller again, I think my last show must have been back east, maybe at the 9:30 club in DC. Too long ago! Saturday night we went to the House of Blues to see Galactic. I’m sad to say I was not nearly as impressed by this show. It wasn’t specifically horrible or anything, it just kind of seemed like there were no high points or things I really remember from the show. Just didn’t do it for me.

Dexter is back in school, we’re taking him through basic obedience again and we had orientation with the trainer on Saturday morning. I think he’ll do much better this time around and hopefully he’ll be ready to start the Canine Good Citizen courses.

I have been so bad about going to the gym, I have plans to go tonight. Breaking the gym going cycle is a dangerous slippery slope, which can result in days on end and even weeks of non-gym-going. Unfortunately my plan to go straight from work has been foiled because I forgot my purse at home, and my iPod is in there :/

I have a new favorite breakfast. I really like berries of all kinds, but don’t buy them so often because fresh berries are ridiculously expensive at the grocery store. Enter: frozen fancy berry mix from Trader Joe’s. Frozen berries are a lot cheaper, keep forever (almost) and can be made into delicious smoothies in your blender.

Berryific Soygurt Smoothie:

½ to ¾ cup frozen berries (I use a strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry mix)

A banana if you like

6 oz soymilk (plain or vanilla)

½ c. plain soy “yogurt” (I use Silk brand)

Sweeten to taste (I use about a tablespoon of Perfect Sweet brand natural Xylitol sweetener)

All these measurement are approximate, I just eyeball things and throw them in the blender and adjust if the consistency doesn’t seem right.

I finally saw 40 Year Old Virgin on DVD last night. Very funny! But it did seem to get a bit long and drag on at the end.

Happy Valentine’s day to everyone and hope y’all are having a good week so far. I myself am looking forward to my 3 day weekend! Hooray for President’s Day!

And just for good measure…a gratuitous cute dog pic.

2 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

i like sweetening my smoothies with honey . . . you should give it a try. it's nice :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

frozen berry mix is perfect for smoothies, the puppy is SO SO SO cute, and it sounds like you had fun on PiR!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home