Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I’m talented

I am not known as the most graceful being on the planet. In fact sometimes I can be downright klutzy. On occasion I manage to produce some disaster by doing what would seem a very simple thing, like say…walking.

Last night I came home from the gym quite a bit later than I would have liked because I had to come home to get my gym bag, because of course I had gone to the trouble of packing it that morning but not actually grabbing it as I was running out the door late as usual. In addition to being a klutz I am also forgetful and always running late. It’s just too much fun being me some days.

Anyway, I was starving and tired and walking across my living room to go take a quick rinse in the shower before I ate my dinner that Jason so thoughtfully made (love you honey!). As I was walking in one direction with my head pointed in another talking to J I heard a big crash and was very surprised to see a huge spray of shattered glass laid out in front of me. The door to the entertainment center was open and I had apparently kicked it and there was glass everywhere.

So, tired sweaty hungry me had to spend the next 15 minutes sweeping up glass from the carpet. Jason was nice enough to vacuum while I was in the shower (love you again!).

So that was fun.

I’d also like to take a moment to send a PSA to all LA drivers since it’s been raining once in a while around here and obviously no one has any idea how to handle that on the road (or in general for that matter).

People, when it is raining it is usually kind of dark and hard to see, so maybe you could do us all a favor and TURN YOUR F*CKING LIGHTS ON. I swear, as many as a quarter of the cars I see on the road when it’s pouring out have no lights on, and seem to not recognize that flashing your brights at another driver is the universal signal for TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON IDIOT.

That is all. Happy Humpday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Wow - sounds like we could be related. I am THAT MUCH of a klutz as well and am also habitually late to everything.
I've walked into sliding glass doors before and given myself a bloody lip (I had braces at the time - ah, the teenage years) and have tripped over air PLENTY of times

1:31 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

that's a law now too. you HAVE to have your lights on when it's raining. what up with those LA'ers?

I'm klutzy too. but my obstacles that make me trip are now dogs.

4:16 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

hmmm

klutzy? check.

always running late? check.

forgetfull? check.

sounds like you and i will get along just fine.

4:20 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Yes, you are talented...

They drive like you report down here in San Diego as well!

:)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home