Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In the news

Since there’s nothing terribly exciting going on in my life right now and it’s about time to post something already, here’s some filler content. Both of these recent news stories struck me as especially odd, and well, kind of dumb.

Injured Illinois cheerleader who cheered from gurney worried accident might distract from game

I saw this cheerleader on the Ellen DeGeneres show yesterday (yeah, I watch Ellen, what of it?) and all I can say is, wow. I mean, I can understand giving the ol’ “I’m OK” wave as you’re being carried off the court, but to continue cheering along to the fight song as the paramedics are trying to cart you off while stabilizing your spine? This just goes to prove that cheerleaders are more robot than human. Shiny, smiley robots. It seems like this girl is getting a lot of press and Ellen even gave her and her friends a free trip to some beach resort because she had to miss out on spring break due to her injuries. I guess we, as a nation, value peppiness deeply.

Moving on.

Teen Shot for Walking on Grass

Who the fuck actually shoots someone for walking on their property? Threatening to shoot, maybe, but to actually go through with it? Just disturbing really, and unfortunately I don’t think that Navy flag is just co-incidence. At least he called 911.

Hope everyone is having a good week, I’ve got the cabin fever pretty bad. It’s warming up outside and I want to enjoy the sunshine before the cold and rain come back.

3 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Cheerleaders. Ugh.

And what a world in which we live that we can't walk on grass.

*sighs*

10:50 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Once upon a time I was in need of validation badly enough that I was a cheerleader. But it was only for one season because I couldnt handle the pep. Seriously, I wanted to smack some of those girls. And their mothers.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hey. you said 'fuck'.

that made me laugh.

i was a cheerleader for about 2 months. then i started drinking...i found the drinking more rewarding.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home