Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Shopping! Bye bye $$$

OK, I’ve spent about a bazillion dollars on clothes in the last couple of weeks. I finally went to David’s Bridal in Torrance, which is kind of ghetto and not really all that fun to drive to. I fitted and ordered my halter top, skirt and shoes for my little sister’s wedding in October. I can pick them up in August, I have no idea why this takes so long, apparently this hot stuff is in demand and in short supply?




The dress is actually chocolate brown, not black, so use your imagination. The ribbons on those kicky little shoes will be brown to match. My cousin picked out the shoes, I am not a big fan for 4 reasons: 1) there is a heel 2) there is no ankle strap to keep them on my feet 3) bow – pretty self explanatory 4) so narrow I had to order a size 10 so I feel like a freakish bigfoot. But hey, at least the rest of the getup isn’t hideous! I just hope I don’t fall.

Last Saturday I spent 6 hours shopping for clothes for work and my vacation (less than 2 weeks away!) and a swimsuit. Why is it that when you go shopping with some specific things in mind all you can find are more of the things that you already have? At Target I found about 6 different cute skirts that I wanted to buy, but I have no shortage of skirts so I made myself buy only 2. I have the rather fortunate problem of having lost weight and not knowing what size I am anymore. Apparently my bottom is about 2 full sizes smaller than my top now. You can imagine what this translates to when you’re searching high and low for suitable swim wear. I finally did find a tankini that will do. I hope the top is as secure as I thought it was in the dressing room, otherwise I will have a hilarious/mortifying story to tell about playing beach volleyball or something.

Jason is leaving for China with his momma on Thursday! I’m going to miss him but I’m also very excited for him. All this traveling is pretty exciting, I can’t wait for vacation!

8 Comments:

Blogger Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

I wouldn't mind the dress and the shoes a bit!

Oh, and hi, I don't think I've visited here before though I bump into you here and there.

4:21 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Lovely, lovely dress. Chocolate colour is so nice. (Reminds me of cute chocolate labrador retrievers!)

*Here comes the bride*

Weddings are fun. Maybe someday I'll have one. :o)

I shop at Target a lot. Great store!! (Unlike W*mart, ugh...)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

what vacation? where you goin?

i LOVE the dress and i acutally love the shoes. yes..even the bow.

no Kleo...weddings no fun. they always conjure up past regrets for me. so i just get drunk. yay!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

love the dress and especially the shows. bow and all! LOVE IT!

Agreed with Tanya. Weddings=poo=get wasted.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress is beautiful!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I'm going to Costa Rica ya'll! It's my sister's bachelorette extravaganza, six girls on a wild tropical adventure. I'm gonna see the rain forest, maybe enven zip line through it!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Saw you o Kai Vegan's Blog...thought I would stop by.

Ironic...my sister is getting married in October as well...and we got the dresses at David's too! Twilight Zone

:)

Harmonia
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

11:47 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

luckylukcyLUCKY!

i wanna go to Costa Rica too? how about your crazy BLOG friends!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home