Friday, June 23, 2006

I got rhythm…

…I got music, and lots of it this weekend! Saturday night we will be at the Wiltern for Béla Fleck and the Flecktone’s Acoustic Planet Tour with Yonder Mountain String Band and Keller Williams. As if that weren’t enough to make a girl die of happy, on Sunday we’ll be following that up with a SCI show at the beautiful Greek Theatre with RatDog (Bob Weir’s band) closing. I am so psyched I could explode!

Jason’s ‘puter is sicker than previously known, and needs yet another repair so it may be a while before I can post anymore pictures. :~(

I went to the WeHo Stitch ‘n’ Bitch last night and did some macramé with the knitting ladies. I’m a lot better at tying knots than I am at knitting. It was a certain someone’s birthday so there were cakes (yes, multiple cakes!) and cookies and lots of fun all around. It was wig night and many of the ladies had very lovely headpieces on, some creatively handmade.

Since I got out of the office a bit early yesterday I was able to hit up the gym before SnB and tried out the Abs and More class with Mike. More like Abs and Kick Your Ass! It was a pretty intense half hour and I’m feeling a bit wobbly on the legs today. Squats hate me, that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

I got my farmer’s market freak on as usual today since it’s Friday. This week’s catch:

1 head romaine lettuce
1 bunch asparagus
2 big cucumbers
2 gigantic yellow summer squash (really, like a foot long and fat!)
3 bell peppers – 2 yellow; 1 orange
5 ripe tomatoes on the vine
5 large lemons
3 avocados – 2 Haas; 1 Fuerte
Total: $14

I heart summer and the farmer’s market. I have plans to make vegetable korma tonight. I love trying new recipes, especially when they turn out yummy. Hope ya’ll have a great weekend and are enjoying the summer. Belated Happy Solstice to all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i still love bob weir. me thinks you're going to have a fabby ol' time!

that was funny..."More like Abs and Kick Your Ass!" that's my kinda language.

tonight we're going to indian food. i told kevin i'd cook but fuck that. SERVE ME!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kuntal Joisher said...

do post how your vegetable korma recipe turns out :-)

11:55 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, what a weekend already and it's barely Saturday. You have it all lined up, and it looks fantastic, Shan!

Nice way to make out at the farmer's market. Very nice.

I don't need to tell you to have fun this weekend... i can see you already are!

Love Béla Fleck and the Flecktones! And the Greek Theater is nothing short of amazing. GO YOU!!

12:39 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Great prices.. our farmer's market is wicked expensive.. I go anyway.. but I wish it was cheaper.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you! You're very pretty, each time I've seen you, I'm like, "Wow!"

Next time we will actually get to sit and chat LOL :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Yes! We had fun on Thursday, didn't we? Don't stay away from the S&B too long. Certainly the more the merrier.

BTW, I just want to say SOOOOOO jealous that you got to see the Flecktones!!!!! OMG I haven't seen them in ages!!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home