Monday, June 26, 2006

Incidents Happen

I had a great weekend. All the shows, the music, the dancing, the merriment. Lovely. I’m really unhappy about it being Monday, just for the record.

Disturbing and strange things have been afoot in the last 24 hours. First of all, on the way to the Greek yesterday afternoon in the middle of traffic on Culver Blvd we saw a guy getting the snot kicked out of him by three other dudes. Not pretty. We tried to give 911 a call to be good citizens, but they put us on hold forever. What if I were in a life threatening situation? Lot of good that would do me. Event that further shook my faith in basic human decency and my own security in this world: Jason’s iPod was stolen from his LOCKED car in our LOCKED underground parking garage overnight. Sometime between midnight and 8 am it was taken, and probably by someone in the building. Strangely the car was still locked in the morning and there was no sign of forced entry. I don’t get it. Third thing to make me very unhappy: dead puppy on Arlington Bl. on my drive to work this morning. Who’s got my ray of sunshine today, ‘cause so far Monday is kind of sucking.

Hope your week is off to a better start.

12 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Oh man.. that is a bad 24 hours.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Oh, and I spilled coffee all down my front just as I was about to run out the door (late as usual) so I had to go change my whole outfit. At least Monday is nearly over.

1:50 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

So sad, esp. the animal stuff... *heartbreak*

And i've been on hold for 911 as well when i saw a visibly injured guy walking almost naked down a busy downhill street...

*HUGS*

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Shan! That is a terrible morning! Is it possible Jasuhn misplaced his ipod??

Also, guess what...I am soon to be in the Development like you!! Yea!! I got the job I was going for!!! Yipee!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

TBone – Jason and I went over last night in our heads, and sadly couldn’t figure out how he possibly could have misplaced the iPod.

Oh, and my landlord just called to say my dog is being obnoxious so her son is sitting with him in our apartment to keep him company so he will shut up. We are so lucky to not be evicted (knock on wood). Time to go home. Monday, you are dead to me. What did I ever do to you?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

yikes! crappy things happen in 3's so you should be done.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Yup, no chance of iPod misplacement as the power cord and iPod FM tuner were taken with it. Pretty shitty.
Just to clearify the beatdown we saw, it was a 1-on-1 fist fight. The other two blokes were the buddies of each of the fighters respectively and were not doing much. Including breaking it up.

7:28 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

oh man that is bad.

hmm what have I got to cheer you up. ever seen the movie the labrynth? yeaa that's total cheese and makes me smile

or

how about this. I was going to post about it later this week but here you go (it's an emergency)
Ralph Lauren is stopping using fur in his clothing lines! For purely ethical reasons. I thought that was good

Teddy

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kuntal Joisher said...

I just fights.. I mean what must be going through a persons mind before resorting to violence.. whats the whole point about getting angry and beating the shit out of someone else.. whats the end result.. violence always feeds of violence.. and theres no end to it..

11:08 PM  
Blogger Kuntal Joisher said...

I meant:
I just *HATE* fights..

11:08 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

aw, shanani. no one should have to deal with crap like that on monday's. i'm sorry.

and i'm sorry for the puppy too.

people suck. well...90% of them. the other 10% belong to animal organizations... :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

See, eye witness accounts are notoriously inaccurate. Jason and I saw the same fight, but I apparently read the situation all wrong. Maybe that just speaks to my ignorance of street fighting in general. So anyway, yeah violence sucks and no one should participate in violence ever.

Teddy – I don’t think I’ve seen Labyrinth. I’ve got so many Netflix that I need to catch up on. That is so great that RL is going furless! Now we’ve gotta work on that Beyonce http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13370421/from/ET/

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home