Tuesday, June 20, 2006

La di da

Jason’s laptop is sick and in repair for a few days so I won’t be getting those vacation pics into an online album quite as soon as I hoped. However my sisters just sent out a CD with their pictures so maybe by the time I get around to it I’ll have a bigger better album. Stay tuned.

I had a really nice weekend, almost felt like I was getting back into my vacation mojo but that was all cruelly dashed by Monday.

Friday night we hosted Shabbat and used the new table set Jason got in China. Eating with chopsticks is fun, I’m getting much better at it. I am also happy to report that China seems to have cured Jason of his hatred of cucumbers. Really, what’s to hate? He even made a cucumber dish of his own accord, I was so proud.

On Saturday we went to Venice Beach where we met up with a couple of friends. Man, that place was packed! Lots of good people watching as usual. Becca and I went rollerblading for a bit, it was the first time I’d taken my blades out for a spin on the beach and it was really nice. I still don’t move too fast and I need to work on my braking but it didn’t go too badly, it was actually pretty relaxing. I took my boogie board out in the waves for the first time this season. It was a good time but I wish the water wasn’t so crowded, or cold. Too many speed bumps out there, I think they’re called “children”?

For father’s day we drove up to see Jason’s dad for a lovely late brunch and hit Runyon Canyon for a bit of a hike with the dog. Another lovely day to be outside.

I saw Dog Day Afternoon, a good flick and based on a true story. It’s got everything; a bank robbery, young Al Pacino, a transgendered man, and an actress that looks eerily like Ricki Lake. Netflix it up.

Is it really only Tuesday?

8 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Shabbat Shalom. Very nice. I love when you post Jewish stuff :O)

VENICE BEACH!!! Love it. Such a great peeps-watchin' place by the ocean...

Grrrrrrrr... the speed bumps (aka kids on bikes, kids on skateboards, kids with dogs, kids walking randomly, etc.) sometimes do get frustrating. I miss blading!! I hurt my foot about a month ago and it's still "heeling" hahaha, i mean healing...

I haven't seen "Dog Day Afternoon" but have wanted to for years. Al Pacino is such a fab actor...

6:52 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

I hear you on the "is it only tuesday?"
Im jealous of your China trip. It's been a year since I went out of the country and I'm itching to go again.

Can't wait for the pictures!

Teddy

8:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

it does sound like yo uhad a nice weekend, shanani. i LOVE to rollerblade but i can only imagine how nice it would be to blade along teh beach with miles of paved, sweet raod.

sacramento is not very bladey friendly.

oh...and dno't blade drunk. not a good idea...

i love taking my dogs hiking . we're going to the redwoods this weekend for a camping trip and i'm prtety ecited...i think betsy will be amazed that life can be this good.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My idea of stopping on rollerblades involves me crashing into something. Hence, why I do not rollerblade anymore. Too many people got pissed off at me. LOL.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

KleoPatra – Jewish stuff = Shabbat dinner complete with Asian eggplant (thanks Becca!), veg stir fry, brown rice and garlic cucumbers, served on silk placemats out of wooden bowls with chopsticks. Our lovely guests were kind enough to also bring the best home baked challa in the world (thanks TBone!) and matzo ball soup (thanks Ben!), and we did do Kiddush with some tasty Kedem white cream wine (*blech*) so it was kind of a multi-ethnic Jewish affair I guess. We like to mix it up.

Teddy – Sadly I was not in China, Jason went with his mom. I was in Costa Rica with the girls, so I don’t feel too bad about not going to China this time around. I’ve decided I must visit Indonesia now. ‘Cause come on, Bali and Java just sounds like magic.

It is pretty sweet to blade at the beach, all that nice smooth flat pavement right next to the sand. Kind of wish I was there now *sigh*

2:58 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

"speedbumps, I think they're called children"

lol

If you think it's cold there, you should try swimming in New Hampshire ... we're lucky if the temp reaches 60 and when it does, it's only a couple of days and in the late summer!.. but we go in and love it ...

6:40 AM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

ah, rollerblading... so need to go again soon!

oh, so I'm just heading through LA... up to Malibu... out there for less than 48 hours... stupid work... :~(

12:52 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

My oldest son hates pickles too... It's a sad thing for me and I've tried and tried to sneak them in.. to no avail... it's funny, because he'll eat so many other foods that many people won't touch.. He loves Nori... but if I dare to put a pickled radish in there he won't touch it.. it's all good.. most likely your body (and his) rejects these foods for a reason. I will never make my kids eat food they hate.. because I trust they know what is good for them.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home