Friday, June 16, 2006

Veg'n out

Why I love the Friday Koreatown farmer’s market:

1 lb of green beans
1 bunch of asparagus
3 HUGE sweet maui onions
4 big ripe tomatoes on the vine
3 perfect Haas avocados
2 bell peppers – 1 gigantic red and 1 large orange
1 big perfectly ripe cantaloupe
Total: $13.50

I bitch and moan a lot about the neighborhood I have to commute to every day, but the Friday market almost makes up for that. Almost. It's tiny compared to most LA area makets but the variety is good, the crowd is as colorful as the produce, it's cheap, and I get to pretend I can speak Spanish with many of the vendors. Now I just need to pick up some Korean. Plus the lady there that plays the saxophone and a casio keyboard with her toes simultaneously is awesome.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Father’s Day weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

I love the Farmers' Markets...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kuntal Joisher said...

thats some pretty cheap stuff!! I guess I should goto the nearby westwood farmers market..

11:40 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I go to mine every Sunday. I always have fresh flowers in my house and office.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

wow. yours is WAY better than mine! we have zucchini, tomatoes, cherries. and that'as about it.

i DID, however, just pull a big fat gorgeous zuchinii out of my own garden! woo hoooo!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss working in the city. I can't get stuff like that around where I work and live. Figures!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home