Friday, July 07, 2006

Pancakes, stir fry, and produce, oh my!

I made these flax berry pancakes for the first time in a while. I made them with whole wheat pastry flour and frozen blueberries since that's what I had on hand. Jason made his with bananas and chocolate chips instead of berries. They are super tasty and easy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I like mine topped with a few extra berries, unsweetened applesauce and a drizzle of organic maple syrup.

This is just a super easy stir fry, but it was so photogenic I thought I'd share.

I sauteed some veggies in light oil.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I tried the tofu trick where you freeze it and press out the water while it defrosts. It makes the tofu spongy in texture and it really soaks up that sauce! I rather like it. I used a new flavor of Soy Vay sauce.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Over a bit of brown rice this is a quick and tasty dinner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This orange reminded me of how naval oranges got their name. I think this one's a outie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cherries! Oh, how I love thee. I got these at the Koreatown farmer's market. They didn't last long after this picture was taken.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! All around goodness.

I know that Soy Vay!!! Love it.

Never mind diamonds... cherries are a girl's best friend.

The pancakes are drool-worthy times 100, just so you know. Lovely and luscious!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Great looking pancakes and veggie saute! I agree, that orange appears to be an outtie.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

NaVEL oranges, dollface. As in NAVEL gazing. Calling the naVAL oranges would connect them to the Navy!

The LT (as in, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy, in case you were wondering where his Blogname came from) and I make jokes about this all the time, because we are word nerds. When I blog, I'm naVEL gazing, when I lust after him, I'm naVAL gazing. :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yay pancakes! I love those. I always use whole wheat pastry flour and they still come out great. Your cherries are beautiful. I think cherries are one of the prettiest, most photogenic fruits.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

aarwenn, will you come be my copy editor? I’m afraid I can’t pay, but you’re a self-proclaimed word nerd so it could be fun for you. Sometimes when I read other people’s writing and catch mistakes I’m like, dude, get a clue. And then I remember that I can be pretty retarded myself. But the absolutely unforgivable ones are to/too/two and their/they’re/there. I mean we’ve all had those drilled since the second grade, get it right!

amanda - I've taken even more delicious cherry pictures, maybe I’ll make them into an ode to cherries montage when cherry season is over.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home