Friday, July 07, 2006

You're my obsession

Trader Joe's. I can't go in this place and not leave with more than I came for. Case and point, this is what I walked out with today after I went in looking for about 5 items. Mind you my last trip to TJ's was 2 days ago.

28 oz can organic diced tomatoes
tandoori naan curry bread
15 oz can garbanzo beans
quart nonfat plain yogurt
organic firm tofu
frozen organic broccoli florets
2 bottles champagne pear vinaigrette
4 pack of nectarines
2 1 lb packages of red cherries
5 organic bananas
dutch yellow potatoes
whole wheat english muffins
frozen tropical fruit trio (mango, papaya, and pineapple)
organic whole wheat rotelle pasta
shirataki tofu noodles
unsweetened applesauce
21 seasoning salute blend

I did all that damage in about only 10 minutes, and fit it all in one of those little baskets believe it or not. I just had one of the nectarines, it was pure nectar drenched heaven. My favorite find was the cherries at just $3.79/lb! That's less than the farmer's market. We skewered and grilled some of those baby dutch yellow potatoes a couple of nights ago, coated in a mixture of olive oil, fresh rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. The were very good, I love how things taste when you gill them. One product TJ's really needs to start carrying is soygurt, I'm not completely off the dairy so I prefer to just pick up yogurt at TJ's instead of making a special trip to Whole Foods for "just 1 thing" and leaving $30 later. I'll write them an e-mail and all you other TJ shoppers should do the same.

Here's a shot of the veg skewers from our 4th of July cookout. They were OK, but could have used some more seasoning, or perhaps should have been marinated before grilling. Just Morningstar Farms veggie dogs and burgers and chips and the like to go with these, nothing fancy or worth photographing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Have you ever thought about making your own soy yogurt? It't really simple with a yogurt maker (under 20 bucks).. If you're interested, I can give you the link of the yogurt maker I use.

TJ's is like crack. Their quality is awesome. I love their canned tomatoes and organic whole wheat pasta... and everything else I've bought there..

2:59 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

First of all: gorgeous colour.

Secondly: TJ's is also my obsession (sing it, Shan!) and i tooooooootally can relate to shopping there... over and over and over again. It's the best!

10:12 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

I'm trying to get as many people as I can to shop at Tj's. I've already got my pregnant boss going :)

Teddy

I'm hooommee

10:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Mmm grilled. Things taste to good that way. I love thing on skewers, too. It's like food on a stick, only classy. :) I wish we had a TJ's around here. Or a Whole Foods. At least the health food store is in the same plaza as the grocery store.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home