Friday, August 18, 2006

Farmer’s Market Friday

This week’s booty:

heirloom tomatoes (for $1/lb! unheard of)
1 cantaloupe
1 bag string beans
3 large white nectarines
1 bag yellow squash
1 bunch asparagus
2 pink grapefruit

I didn’t get too much this week, I have plenty of food at home at the moment. I just had one of the tomatoes sliced up on a whole wheat cracker with hickory smoked Tofurky slices. So yummy, I’m going to be very sad when heirlooms disappear from the markets again. Seems like they’re in season for such a short time.

I am having an awesome week at the gym. I went to yoga class on Sunday and on Monday, did my upper body lifting and 30 min on elliptical on Tuesday, took Wed as a rest day with just walking, and went to spinning last night. I even did abs and push-ups after spinning. I have no idea where all this motivation came from, but I hope it sticks around. Hopefully I’ll hit the pool over the weekend, or maybe just go to the beach for some boogie boarding. If I get really crazy I might go to pilates ball tomorrow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This pooch is definitely doing his yoga, look how limber. And getting beauty rest at the same time. That’s talent.

Happy Friday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carrie™ said...

I wish I could lounge like that. Looks sooo comfy.
Thanks for the Johnny Depp post. Can never have too much Johnny. I remember first seeing him on 21 Jump Street. I never really watched the show, but would tune in from time to time. He was so young and baby-faced. He done growed up real nice! I really liked him in Blow. I took the quiz (how could I not) and I'm Gilbert Grape? Hmmm, maybe I am. Thanks for that. It was fun. Have a great weekend!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am going to be very sad when heirlooms are gone. I have a bunch in my fridge I'm trying to use up. Wouldn't you know it - as soon as I go out and buy a whole bunch, I unexpectedly have to go out of town. Go figure. I have the same crush on Johnny Depp. Sigh... Have you seen the new Pirates of the Carribean movie? I heard it's not so good.

10:43 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Good job on the exercise! You are inspiring me..

and the Pooch... seriously... that's the BEST.. what a cutie patootie.. I love the legs... crossed... sooo adorable

2:00 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

you should enter this photo is a contest! it is really cute & looks just like how i feel at the end of the day! :o)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I saw the new Pirates movie and I liked it. I guess it depends on what you were expecting to get out of it. There’s lots of action, tongue in cheek humor, some slapstick, keeps you entertained. The ending is definitely a cliffhanger for Pirates 3.

I am officially awesome, I went to pilates ball class this morning then hit the pool for laps. *Superstar* (Anyone remember that Molly Shannon character in SNL? So funny.)

I didn’t take that picture myself by the way. It’s just some random cuteness I came across on the internet and had to share. Although my dog does plenty of strange stuff worth photographing.

5:48 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Doggie needs his own TV show.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

By the way...great job on the exercising. I've found although I haven't lost much weight, I've toned up my body and feel a lot better.

After this lazyman triathlon business, I've found I actually enjoy running...somewhat.

-Crystal

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home