Monday, August 28, 2006

Miso in love with tofu

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Vegan with a Vengeance strikes again, this is the Stewed Tofu and Potatoes in Miso Gravy from page 147 over some mashed sweet potato. Not much to look at and this isn't really a great picture, but damn it’s good gravy. I am a little confused as to why the recipe suggests you serve this over mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, since there is a heavy potato component to the stew/gravy already. I think if I make this again I will leave the potatoes out if I’m going to put it over mashed potatoes and make it with the potatoes if I’m planning on eating it as a stew with crusty bread. This gravy is dynamite with the sweet potatoes by the way. Also, you will need to cut the potatoes much smaller than the recipe suggests if you want the potatoes to be ready after 25-30 minuets. We had to wait forever to eat because the potatoes were still too hard. Either that or I would just boil them for about 10 minuets before adding them to the stew. I also like the recipe because it calls for a healthy amount of white wine, and you can drink the rest of the bottle with dinner.

9 Comments:

Blogger kaivegan said...

You're wrong- It is a great picture and it's making me hungry!

Thanks for the pointers. I actually haven't tried this before.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

excuse me? too much 'potato'?

who ARE you?

3:11 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Yer so funny. Love the title... Miso in love... good one, Shan!

I agree about the overload of po's. Too much of a good thing... i hears ya. It is a darn good photo though, this dish does look so great!!

Some more wine for my friends!!! :o)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Me so in love with tofu now, thanks to you. I agree on the doubling upon the potatoes, I'll just take a bowl the way you dished it up here and give my extra potatoes to Tanya. ;)

8:47 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

i'm all about the leftover wine thank you

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, ok. That's it. I'm finally going to break down and get VWAV. Enough already!!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

potato upon potato -- you're talkin' to an idaho gal here. i'm all over it.

4:25 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I forgot about that recipe, oh man. Potato on potato sounds more like my boyfriend's cup of tea - I'm more of a bread + gravy gal.

4:26 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Not much to look at? I beg to differ. It looks yummy.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home