Thursday, August 31, 2006

Your hands and feet are mangos…

I’m gonna be a genius anyway, because I made VwaV Mango-Ginger Tofu (p. 153). (Click on the title of this post if you’re confused and think I’ve gone crazy. I did not just make that up, I swear.) Here it is served on a bed of quinoa with a side of edamame.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I made the marinade last night and let it sit in the fridge for a full day. I liked it, but the sauce is a little too sweet for my taste. Next time I’ll try less maple syrup and OJ and more jalapeno and ginger, maybe even a kick of cayenne. How many VwaV tofu recipes involving tofu can I post in a row? Apparently the answer thus far is at least three. What can I say, I love me some tofu.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aarwenn said...

If it were possible to climb through the screen, I would do it. Just to eat that gorgeous dish. Babe, I need you to come up here and cook for ME!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Please, take her! There's only so much tofu fo' two a man can eat in a week. Gimme some meat n' tatters, or a pizza pie. Mmmm, crap, yum!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

How many VwaV tofu recipes involving tofu can I post in a row? As many licks as it takes to get to the tootsie center of a tootsie pop.
and...
I'd take you Shannon and heck I'd even feed you tofu for at least that many days in a row ...we'd be happy cooking VwaV tofu recipes.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

See honey, everyone else appreciates me and tofu. :P Dori, I’d like you to feed me regardless if it’s tofu or anything else. Your family eats better than the vast majority of the civilized world! :)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home