Friday, September 08, 2006

Farmer’s Market Friday

I feel like I buy the same stuff at the market over and over again. I guess I know what I like, heh. If you all have any suggestions for excting produce items I should keep and eye out for let me know.

2 white nectarines
1 yellow nectarine
1 yellow peach
1 large globe eggplant
1 cantaloupe
2 lbs of broccoli florets for cheap! About $3 and they look super fresh and good too.
1 bunch asparagus
2 large cucumbers
5 lemons
2 haas avocados
1 basket jalapeno peppers
1 bag mixed bell peppers
Total $17.10

I almost never use a whole basket of jalapeno chilis before they go bad, so I find it works out nicely to half and seed them and stick them in the freezer. That way you always have jalapenos around on the odd occasion a recipe calls for them or you want to spice something up.

We’re going up to Neptune’s Net for a friend’s birthday celebration on Sunday. I’ll be packing a picnic to enjoy while everyone else eats deep-fried tref. While I’m not into the food you can’t beat the atmosphere and the beach right across the PCH allows dogs, so Dexter gets to come with.

Happy Friday y’all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Have fun on your outing tonight! We're supposed to start my birthday celebration tonight, but people keep changing their minds. Argh...I hate hanging in big groups.

Have you ever tried drying the jalapeno's? I haven't, but I've been thinking about it. Not sure if they'd be any good, but worth a try.

-Crystal

2:40 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i buy the same things too. adn every once in a while throw in a random veggie.

i took kody to our very public park with his electronic collar. i can always claim ignorance if a dog catcher comes by. anyway, he found a frisbee and actually tried to catch it like a border collie. it was cute. and kinda sad to see him miss it 90% of th time but he tried. nad it's HARD to gauge a floating object and when it's a good time to try to grab it, huh? yes...my little baby.

hope you have fun partying. i know i always do...

9:17 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

I'd say next time try and get some fresh herbs. they are great!!

Teddy

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you tell Tanya that I can't comment on her blog.. grrr..

also, you always seem to get the best deals at that market.. I am jealous. big time.

-melody (melomeals.blogspot.com)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

i LOVE neptune's net! good call on bringing a picnic -- enjoy the surf & sand. :o)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home