Friday, September 01, 2006

Farmer’s Market Friday

I got lots this week. Good thing I’ve been working out, it was a lot of stuff to heft back to the office.

3 ears sweet corn
1 bunch baby carrots
5 Indian eggplant
2 large heirloom tomatoes
2 gigantic yellow peaches
3 nectarines
2 cantaloupe ($1 each, bargain!)
1 lb string beans
1 bag mixed bell peppers
1 bunch asparagus
2 bunches broccoli
Total: $18.75

Last night we helped our downers (the people who lived directly below us) pack up their moving van, they are now living in luxury in a condo twice the size of our apartment in Long Beach with a beach view from their balcony. They were very friendly and tolerant neighbors and I’m sad to see them go, especially since they were such good dog sitters and said our dog’s constant crying all day didn’t bother them. I doubt we can hope for as much from the new tenants. The apartment next to theirs was recently vacated as well, so let’s keep our fingers crossed that we get neighbors who don’t threaten to call the authorities over noise disturbances.

I have no real plans for the long weekend. A couple friends of ours just left for Israel where they will be for 3 weeks! So we are helping out by having their dog Sadie stay with us this weekend and checking in on their kitties and fishy. Other than that I’d like to get to the beach and maybe the gym a couple of times, and hopefully go over to Maloney's in Westwood to see the Badgers @ Bowling Green game tomorrow afternoon (season opener!), with lunch at Native Foods beforehand since it’s on the same block and all :)

Have a great holiday everyone! Going anywhere special?

5 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

that was a vwav tofu tri-fecta per-fecta! i love the bed of quinoa & edamame. nice farmer's market booty load. no plans for us on the long....

2:52 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Again, another excellent haul at the market.
I really liked the mango tofu from VwaV. The other two I haven't made, but I've been eyeing the Pad Thai. I was having the worst time finding flat rice noodles a while ago and now I see them everywhere. Strange.
No plans for me for the weekend. I have to work Saturday and probably go out with friends at some point. Nothing serious.
Good luck with your neighbours. We've had both kinds...hopefully you'll luck out and get good ones.

5:44 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Way to lug all that booty home, Shan. You studette you!!! I like your finds, too. Very nice.

Nice of you to help the neighbors (former nay-burrs) move! You and your sweetie are so... well, sweet! I hope the next tenants are just as cool, or even cooler!!

I am working all weekend, that's *my* plan.

Go Badgers!!!! Hope you have a blast watching Wisconsin win.

NATIVE FOODS! I am sooooooo envious. Please do enjoy. YUMMY. You know i looooove NF more than almost any other place on Urth.

Hope you have a fun weekend with Sadie and the others... that will be quite a brood there!

Hope you get to the beach, too. I'm gonna try to get down there at some point... well down here to our beaches, that is!

11:05 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

i want corn real bad

yum
teddy

12:25 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

BTW, I've tagged you for top 5.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home