Friday, September 15, 2006

Farmer's Market Friday

1 bunch spinach
1 bag green beans
1 bunch asparagus
2 red bell peppers
1 smooth green avocado (Looks like a Reed avocado, but I don’t remember what the sign said)
2 Haas avocados
5 Fuji apples (yay, fall apple season)
1 cluster cherry tomatoes
2 yellow peaches
1 white peach
1 white nectarine
Total: $15.45

I just realized I am going to have to miss the California Avocado Festival this year because I will be in WI for my sister’s wedding. Too bad they conflict, I got a whole lot of avocados and ate a lot of avocado stuff there last year. This was my personal stash.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I looooooove avocados in case you didn’t know. Anyone who can make the drive should, it’s worth the trip.

I’m a little bummed about my shoulder today, I don’t think I’ll be going to pilates tomorrow. Guess I’ll just have to drink beer and watch the Badgers vs. San Diego State game and suck it up.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

10 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

That's right, it's you vs. me tomorrow! I like the Badgers, but i'm an Aztecs fan. Too bad for me Wisconsin is gonna kick the collective SDSU arse.

Nice finds there today at the Farmer's Market. Love it all!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

An avocado festival? That would be amazing...I wish I could drive there.
Sorry to hear about your dog/roller blading accident. I hope your shoulder heals well.

5:34 AM  
Blogger madeinalaska said...

a whole festival for Avacados.. wow.. that truly sounds heavenly!
me o my!

9:09 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Only 14-0, that's like a victory for San Diego State.

Way to go Wisconsin! On Wisconsin!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

ON WISCONSIN! Yep, we’re undefeated. The bar where we watch the games was uncharacteristically crowded, so we decided to hit up Native Foods for lunch and then headed back for the second half. Finally we were lucky enough to snag a couple of stools at a table. I guess with school back in session we’ll have to plan to get there earlier if we want a good spot.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

how's your shoulder?

i went to SF with kevin wednesday and bought an avocado cutter! that's right...no more slicing my palms because i'm trying to get out chunks anymore...the handy dandy slicer'll do it for me!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

Awh! Sucks to have beer and a game for the weekend. :) Hope your shoulder feels better... just put on the superman shirt and do a few bicep curls (you know the can to the mouth kind).

8:22 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Have fun at your sister's wedding. It's up here in MN right? Don't feel bad if you don't make it to Midtown Global Market as my feeling was it was still developing. It will probably rock in another year or so.

Yum - avocados!

-Crystal

6:25 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

holy geez
I'm asking richard to go to the avocado festival! thanks for posting about it

7:25 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Dori – LOL! I like the way you think. Those are my favorite kind of bicep curls. ;)

Crystal – The wedding is in Hudson, WI (our hometown) and the reception is in Cottage Grove. I think most of the time we can spare will be spent bumming around in Madison and catching up with family, but you never know. We can always hit up the Mall of America before we go to the airport :P I have a sort of love/hate relationship with that place.

Teddy – You should totally go to the festival! It’s within walking distance of a beach too, makes a great day trip.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home