Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The irony is so thick, it’s getting hard to breathe…

So I’ve finally been invited to sit at the cool kids’ table and upgrade to this beta thing. Still not sure what it’s all about, but I look forward to playing around with it when I have the time.

Some of you may have seen this floating around the internet lately.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No, you’re not reading that wrong. That is indeed an invitation to come to a political fundraiser and shoot a living symbol of peace in a canned hunt on the anniversary of the Sept. 11th attacks. Not surprisingly PETA launched a campaign against this. Realizing their faux pas the Floyd campaign has moved the massacre of mourning doves to Oct., 4th. Phew, I feel so much better about that now! (Sarcasm and irony, oh happy day!) I went ahead and wrote a not-so-nice e-mail yesterday, feel free to do the same: Karen@karenfloyd2006.com, be sure to cc: Anna@karenfloyd2006.com; Mike@karenfloyd2006.com


And in other news:

Sydney - Australians are avenging the death of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin by killing stingrays, a friend of the wildlife documentary maker said Tuesday.

Ten stingrays have been found dead on Queensland beaches in the week since Irwin died after being jabbed in the heart by the venomous barb of the stingray he was filming.
*click for the whole article*

I don’t know what to say. People just piss me off sometimes.

11 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

PS – I now have that problem where I can’t comment on non-beta blogs. It’s not that I don’t love you, I just can’t comment! Maybe I’ll set up one of those “dummy” blogger accounts. When are they going to make beta available to everyone?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

incredible. I don't understand how policitians can be so brain dead sometimes.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Yeah you upgraded.

Boo, you are the bearer of bad news. That animal shoot thing... yuck! I have never heard of such a thing.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. I am speechless. Karen Floyd is a pathetic idiot. I cannot believe someone could be so utterly senseless. This makes me absolutely sick on many many levels.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I think I'm going to be sick. That's distrubing on so many levels.

On the other hand...check out the smoothies I made.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Nikk said...

Canned hunts are the most ridiculous things... I can't believe this.

And as far as the stingray massacre goes, that is something that would totally infuriate Steve Irwin. He spent his whole life trying to educate people about animals and protecting them...

1:08 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

will someone PLEASE tell me how to upgrade my BLOG??
I wanna too :)

Teddy

9:45 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i hate people sometimes, shan... GRRRRRRRRRRR.

This is an important post but boy (girl) does it make me MAD. MAD. MAD.

P.S. I recommend the "dummy" account...

11:17 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Thanks for your comments (as always!)

You'll have to check out the recipes I posted...especially the Gravy!!! I liked it alot!

6:26 AM  
Blogger primaryconsumer said...

Ugh, that's just disgusting about the duck hunt. How could they not realize it was on September 11th?

That's sad about the stingray's too.

12:50 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

To shoot a dove --and the symbolism behind the dove--is just heartless-not to mention cruel. I hate to say it, but I believe in karma,

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home