Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tagged

by Carrie™ of the House of Simon. Without further ado, 5 things I think everyone should eat before they die (provided they’re over 21 for #1…ahem):

1. Beer! I like lots and lots of kinds of beer, being from Wisconsin I am partial to many of the brews of my homeland. For cheap beer I like Pabst Blue Ribbon, or “pibbers” as we like to call them. I am also fond of their old ad slogan “PBR me ASAP”. Miller products are pretty good too if you’re drinking on a shoestring. For higher quality stuff, I love a Hefeweizen served with a lemon wedge, or really any of the wheat brews. Hoegaarden makes a delicate white Belgian beer that’s very refreshing, Fat Tire is another good Belgian one. Pyramid Hefeweizen is decent enough and pretty widely available.

My favorite microbreweries are New Glarus (that Spotted Cow is outta this world) and the Great Dane (Crop Circle Wheat and seasonal Pumpkin Ale are yummy!) The Dane was one of my favorite watering holes when I lived a mere 2 blocks away in college. Ah, the memories.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can get Leinenkugel’s (aka “Leinie’s”) in some states outside WI. I like the Red Lager and the Honey Weiss. I’ve been to houses where the dwellers had constructed furniture out of empty Leinie’s original lager cases, so multi-purpose.

OK, I think we’ve covered beer in some small part. Hmm, on to food you chew…

2. Pizza! I can’t help it, I just love it.

3. Fresh cherries. I will eat these till I turn purple during their brief season.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4. Indian cuisine. I know that’s a class of food and not one food in particular, but the more Indian food I cook the more I realize how much I love it. Chana masala, curried potatoes, dal, naan, rice, veggies, I love my food drenched in spice and color!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5. A good falafel sammich with all the fixings: tomatoes, cukes, chopped lettuce or spinach, olives, chips, hummus, maybe some tahina or tzatziki dressing. A good meal that sticks to your ribs.

It was hard to come up with just five, I really like food a lot! I like variety too, I would love to eat different foods every night if it wouldn’t be so expensive and time consuming.

I think everyone in all of the internets has done this already. If you haven’t, consider yourself tagged!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

damn. now i want all that for dinner!

actually pizza is what i'm in the mood for... anice pesto, pine nut tomato pizza...mmmmm.....

4:16 PM  
Blogger Nikk said...

In a perfect world, all I would eat would be pizza, beer, Indian food and falafel. :)

Oh, and chocolate.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza is definitely one that I used to love more as a non-vegan. As a vegan, it's just ok for me. Everything else I can totally agree with. Wait - except for the Pyramid Hefeweizen. Oh, gross.

-Crystal
http://vivaciousvegan.blogspot.com

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a girl after my own heart!! beer #1.. how cool is that?
I am more of a deschtes ipa girl myself.. on sale that is!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

You, Tanya Kristine and me. We all listed an alcoholic beverage as #1. I can totally appreciate your beer enthusiasm. I have the same for wine. Beer....not any more. I had a real bad beer drinking experience way back in high school (with Adam Bentley actually, my prom date I posted about)- wicked hangover - and I just cannot drink it anymore. Jim likes beer and take a drinking trip around the world every once and a while. At the liquor store here, you pick up a cardboard carrier and pick out an assortment of loose cans to customize your own 6-pack. He seems to like English and German ales & lagers the best.
Ok, pizza. Crap! I can't believe I forgot that one either. We eat this about once a week. I'm not kidding. I like Indian food too, but I'm just getting into it, so there are a lot of things I haven't tried. Chana Masala is one that I really, really like!
Good list! Falafel seems to be a favorite for a lot of us.
Now, wasn't that fun?

7:46 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

great list -- now i want to change mine....and add BEER! sierra nevada pale ale, grolsh, or st. pauli girl...

9:52 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

IPA, ew! No pale ales for me, too hoppy.

Kelo - you can come to Native Foods with us this Saturday, we'll be lunching there before the Badgers vs. Western Illinois game. I love college football season, every Saturday is an opportunity to eat at NF and drink beer while watching the Badgers. Yay!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Love the Leinie's beer tour too..all the beer you can drink if you can make it through the uneventful tour :)

Have you done the mix of berryweiss and honeyweiss? I went through a phase where it was great, but now I'm so over it.

-Crystal

1:28 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

haha SAMMICH!

nice

teddy

8:35 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! The Chickpea diddy turned out good! I did a Sun-Dried Pesto over Polenta last night. Also posted about ROCKSTAR today!

I have 3 Moosewood Cookbooks now...the other 2 I like and they are a lot bigger than the one I posted about yesterday.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your top 5.. I see you don't like IPA.. but I beg you to just try Harpoon IPA.. oh boy.. it's good. Harpoon also makes a good Heifenzeizen (I don't think I spelled that right)..

Indian food is the best... yours looks great!

I love the doggy video.. they look like they're having so much fun.

-melody

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home