Monday, September 25, 2006

Yadda, yadda, yadda…

I’m still here, just not posting or getting around to people’s blogs too much because work is keeping me busy and there’s been a little personal upheaval that may cause some major changes in the next few months. Nothing bad, I just don’t want to elaborate right now since it’s the beginning stages and we have no idea how this will play out (could I be any more cryptic?) So all this will probably keep me from posting all that often for a bit. I do have some pictures to share so hopefully I’ll get around to posting those sometime this week.

I finished week one of the couch to 5 k running program and have week 2 downloaded and ready to go on my iPod. So far it’s been totally bearable, and I’m already starting to feel like I’m sort of accomplishing something. I still haven’t been able to do any lifting or my usual pilates or yoga classes due to the shoulder. This is taking much longer to heal than I anticipated.

Poor Dexter had a really inflamed ear and some other itchy sores on his belly, so he went to his dermatologist last week. He’s allergic to a bunch of stuff so I thought it might have something to do with the fall allergy season, but it turns out he had a fungal and bacterial infection in his ear and he had some flea bites, which he’s allergic to, so that explains the itchy red patches. We gave him some flea treatment and he’s got two pill prescriptions, ear drops, and ear wash that we have to administer in addition to his allergy shots. I stopped giving him the herbal anxiety relief supplements because they weren’t doing anything (as I expected they wouldn’t) so at least that’s one less thing. Man, talk about high maintenance. His ear and red spots are a lot better now and he should be all better within a couple weeks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope everyone had a good weekend, shana tova!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

awww...koyd had ringworm. or at least that was my diagnosis. itchy red pathces that look like rings...so every night i roll him over on his back and he all pretends he hates it...then i goop him up and watch him like a hawk so he doen'st eat it.

yeah...i ahven't been blogging much either. sometimes i get tired of it.

i hope whatevers comin' down the chain istn' bad...

4:00 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh, man, so sorry about Dexter's ear and belly sores, that is a shame! Sending good thoughts his way. He looks so adorable in that photo. I'll think good thoughts and wish him a swift and full recovery from the allergies and whatever else is buggin' him.

Work situations... i know what you mean. I am bogged down as well, more than usual, and haven't been posting or commenting for some time. Life happens, Shan...

Hope your running and/or yoga and/or pilates will be helpful to you as the work situation eases its way into whatever will be (talk about cryptic!)...

And a very big shout out for you with the Shana Tovah to you and Jason and your loved ones! Wishing you love and peace and harmony and lots of freylach (good times in Yiddish) in the coming year. If you fast on Yom Kippur, i wish you an easy one.

*HUGS*

7:39 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

hang in there dexter! and what's afoot with the shananigans?????

10:05 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

your poor pup :(
my kitty was allergic to fleas and would lose his hair. it was soo sad. I know how ya feel

teddy

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's kind of weird, how blogging comes and goes in spurts. I've been pretty busy lately too and felt like I couldn't quite keep up and things are about to get even busier.

I hope there are good changes a brewin'.

Dexter is adorable. Such a sweet face. I hope you're able to clear up his infections. Poor guy. I'm totally with ya on the whole high maintenance thing. I still can't get Noble's dietary issues under control. It's driving me crazy.

10:02 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Hope Dexter is all better. What a cutie.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home