Saturday, October 14, 2006

And then my life blew up

As you may have noticed, I have been absent for some time. I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in my sister’s wedding back in Wisconsin and we took a little side trip to Madison. The wedding was so beautiful and everyone had such a great time, I’m really impressed with all the work my sis put into the whole thing. It was also really nice to spend some time with my family and introduce Jason to my hometown. Here are some pictures of the week’s goings-on.

Stacy's Wedding

Madison

Also, the time has come to share the big news. Jason and I are moving back to Madison! We were kind of talking about moving back in the spring perhaps, but then life happened and a pretty darn exciting job opportunity was offered to Jason. So he interviewed and was formally offered the job when we were in town, I interviewed for a couple positions and am waiting to hear back, and we looked at several places to rent and are in the process of signing a lease. Looks like we’ll start our drive on Nov. 4 or 5. We’re really excited to be going back, but also sad to leave our friends and the famously mild SoCal climate. So, that’s about all I have to say about that right now. There will of course be updates as this comes along.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Congratulations on your move and on Jason getting his job offer.
One additional benefit of moving to Wisconsin? More opportunities to wear your knit goods!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Wow, girl, this happened so fast, huh? Better get shopping for some warm clothes :)

I'm super excited for you and Jason. Good luck!!

-Crystal

9:04 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Get those knitting needles out. Congrats on yoru decision. Keep us posted.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

ohmygod. i am SO JEALOUS! i woudl LOVE to move to Madison Wisconsin...you're so lucky...

LUCKY!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Yes, I need to get very serious about knitting. Maybe by next winter I’ll be good enough at it that I can knit up some stylish doggy sweaters for Dexter.

I need to give mad props to my man Jason. In just a few days he has arranged to get my car shipped, booked a moving company, found Dexter a new vet dermatologist, and our new apartment has a phone number and DSL. Way to go baby! I am so excited. I’ve managed to hand in my resignation at work and cancel the Y membership. That’s about it.

TK – Of course you want to move to Madison, it’s where all the cool kids hang out. I think you should, then we can get together and drink microbrew while we knit and our dogs can be best buds. Come on, you know you want to. :P

4:06 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What THE...????????

OMG, holy moly. I never see you now, but I'm still gonna miss you. crap!

10:41 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

WOW! You are MOVING. I am in shock. What can i say? I am happy for you and Jason, but in a weird way a little sad you're leaving this part of the world... i'll miss your SoCal posts. But i look forward to your new ones in your new/old home!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home