Monday, December 18, 2006

HAPPY CHANNUKAH!

OK, I give in. Finally a post. Sorry I am so lame, my temp job does not allow me to while away hours a day on the internet. Not that that's what I did at my old job (ahem). As you may be aware this is the 4th night of the festival of lights, Channukah. To celebrate I made the traditional latkes and a cheese blintz soufflé. Yes, very not healthy and very not vegan, but this is Jewish holiday food we're talking here.

Here's a picture of the lovely latkes frying in my cast iron.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Traditionally served with sour cream and applesauce.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here you can see the importance and symbolism of oil during this holiday. This bottle was full when I started up the frying pan. :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That’s all for now. One of my many New Year’s resolutions will be to become a better blogger. Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

Even if you are to busy to be blogging, I'm glad you decided to make a public confession .... wow, that's alot of oil! I'm looking forward to doing something potatoey this week, it's not to late to do something jewish.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shan,

wish you a Jasuhn were here...we got a big ol' CHANUKAH dupe from a Yoni, Jeremy, AND Russel da'Short!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Yay! Glad your back up and running. I finally updated my links and have you on there so you better be updating ;)

Mmmm...fried food...

-Crystal

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Latkes look delicious!!! But wow! That's a lot of oil in such a short period of time. ;-)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home