Wednesday, December 20, 2006

VwaV Cookie Extravaganza

Look at me go, two posts in one week! I baked cookies to share with the family over Christmas weekend. They’re not really Christmas-y cookies, but no one has ever accused me of being a traditionalist.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies VwaV p. 205. I selected raspberry jam for the filling. This was my first time making them and I will be making them again as they are yummy. Perhaps with orange marmalade next time. If you try these, for the love of god to not use “damp hands” to roll the dough into balls as the recipe suggests. It will turn into a sticky mud that will not conduce to the forming of balls (go ahead, giggle, I said it). Do what I did and spray your hands with cooking spray.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are a smaller, chocolatier version of the Big Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut Butter – Oatmeal Cookies in VwaV p.199. I made them gigntoid the first time I tried them out, but thought I’d make them smaller this time around to make them easier to put into tins. Soooooo good. I love this recipe, adding chocolate chips only makes it better, as you’d expect.


I hope to be by all your blogs for a visit in the near future, I need to catch up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i LOVE chocolate and raspberry. yum ass!

balls...heh heh....you said balls.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang girl - those cookies look good! i made the pumpkin oatmeal raisin ones last night:) yummy
um yeah...its a good idea to grease your hands up before you handle those balls hehe

11:52 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS SHANANI!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Chocolate chips added to pretty much anything makes it better! So what if your cookies aren't "traditional" holiday fare. Make new traditions!
All the best to you for 2007!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Those thumbprints look fabulous! Thanks for the tip, I haven't tried making them before.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home