Thursday, March 01, 2007

Like…all legitimate and stuff (or, a great love story)

Well, there’s no way to just nonchalantly toss this news around, so I just tend to blurt it out. I’m engaged! Yes, to Jason, who else?

Everyone always wants to hear the story, so here goes. Last Friday night we were snowed in with no hope of going anywhere. As we’re passing in the kitchen Jason grabs a hold of me and we started slow dancing. No, there was no music playing, and no, that’s not really unusual for Jason. Then the box comes out and the “will you marry me” and it’s all surreal and after I shake myself back to reality I think I managed a “yes” and there was much hugging and kissing and staring at the pretty sparkly ring. And then I thought, “oh, crap, now I have to plan a wedding”. So there you have it, Jason’s gonna make an honest woman out of me yet. And Dexter will have legitimate parents.

So much more to catch up on posting, but that’s the big news of the day. New job is good, weekend with old exchange student buddies was a blast, and I’m sure lots of other stuff. Maybe I’ll put some pictures up soon. There’s a couple of the ring up on Jason’s blog, but they don't really do it justice. He picked it out all by himself, I’m so proud of him. Oh, and I love him dearly, and not just because he bought me diamonds :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Aarwenn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure hope all those exclamation points wrap. :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Congratulations! Love, health and happiness to you both.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Congratulations!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Mazel Tov!

Very thrilling for you, Shan, and i'm thrilled for you as well.

Congrat's to Jason on his most excellent plan for the future, to marry such a great gal!

Now the fun part... the planning! OY! Good luck on that. We'll be waiting for more details as they happen... whenever you want to share!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Shannonon we could not be happier or more excited!!!! Now that the engagement has happened welcome to this madness we call planning a wedding! And it is utter and total madness where you worry about the stupidest things!

Love you!

TBone

8:09 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

ACKKKKKKKK! That's freakin fantastic!!!!! Congratulations. That is sooooo awesome. I'm super happy for you. May you live happily ever after.

The ring is adorable. I LOVE it!

Congrats again mama!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

aw, this is such GREAT news shanani!!!! congratualtions to you! my suggestion is to have a tiny wedding and a BIG party! save some money for ahouse too...

1:47 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

the best part is that it sounds like it came out of the blue and was really a good surprise! like, it wasn't this long drawn out romantic day where you knew it was coming and the element of surprise is kind of ruined even though it was all super romantic . . . i don't know if i am making sense. mostly, i want to say: congratulations!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Welcome to engaged-ville. I've been here for 9 years now :) I kinda had the same reaction - excited, but then "crap, have to plan a wedding" and kinda never got around to that planning part.

-Crystal

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home