Friday, March 02, 2007

Note to winter:

OK, I get it, snow, ice, roads of death. Enough already! I understand that when you move your butt back to Wisconsin this is the norm, but that’s one thing when you live/work/go to school in a 10 block radius and walk or take the bus everywhere and another when you commute 30 some miles to and from work. Look what I did in my car on the way to work yesterday, all because I was silly enough to try and change lanes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see I miraculously landed on the shoulder, even pointing in the right direction. I was a bit worried I might still be stuck as the ice muck on the shoulder was pretty deep, but I made it. Both the Altima and me are fine. This morning I saw 8 cars in ditches, including a four car accident, and yesterday saw a school bus wedged in a snow bank. Now I have to drive home in this crap again. Screw you mother nature.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie™ said...

Yea. Snow is all pretty and white, fun to play in making angels, snowmen, even having snowball fights. Then, there's driving in it. At times it can be a bitch. Especially when there is ice hidden under that snow.
A BIG HUGE CONGRATULATIONS are in order! I assumed you & Jason were already married - now you will be! That is such awesome news. Have fun with the planning & remember to keep your blog readers up to date on the progress. (eeeee! Can't wait for the dress pictures!) The ring is lovely.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YIIIIIIIIKES!!!! Be careful mama. It was almost 80 degrees here today. We miss you!

8:54 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

uuggh.. I am so sick of it too. Today, I wiped out big time on black ice while walking my dog.

11:10 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i am just glad you are ok!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Today is one of those days where I HATE THE COLD!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home