Friday, April 20, 2007

Nonukah in Santa Monica

As I mentioned a while ago, Jason and I got back to sunny LA last month for the annual Nonukah festivities. As usual, friends from all over the country converged to make for one hellava weekend of drinking, eating and general merriment.

Here’s some pictures of the legendary party.

It begins as every party should, with tequila!




Me and my bar buddies.


What's classier than an ice swan at a party?

Making a shot luge out of the swan. Nice work Yoni!



The joint is jumpin’!

Woooooo!

Well, it couldn’t last forever.

Yes, I actually fell asleep in that position. I am just glad I didn’t wake up with my bra in the freezer.

My friends are the best, wasn’t it nice of them to make sure I didn’t sustain any head injuries on my way to the floor?

Obviously I post these pictures because I have a good sense of humor about myself. Oh, and I have no shame. Hey, I’m not the only one who passed out!



The next day Jason’s dad held a lovely engagement party brunch. Here we sip from our individual size champagne bottles.

Hey, we’re not the only ones getting married! Ben & Tosha also do the honors. They are getting married in Madison September 2!

It was a lovely day for poolside sunbathing and a hot game of Taboo. Such a great weekend with our awesome friends. We love and miss you guys!

Photo credits go to T-Bone (aka Tosha) and Jason, since my camera was MIA most of the weekend at Becca’s house. But I did get it back!


Tomorrow is the first outdoor farmers market of the season on the capitol square, I am soooo excited! Happy holiday (you people know what I’m talking about) and have a great weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Shan, I want to party with you & the crew! For real. The luge shot photo says it all (actually, it all says it all!!) How fun for you to be back in CA and with your buds. Enjoy the farmer's market, ours opens tomorrow too, & like you, I can't wait for some local, fresh. :o)

11:06 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

omg.. is that a swan bong?? hehe...

Looks like a fun night... and congrats on the 5K!! How cool is that???

2:02 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

haha! At first glance, I thought that looked like an ice swan bong as well!

4:50 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Could you be having any more fun?! SoCal needed a Shan fix... we thank you!

9:28 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

congrats--you crazy party animal ;)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'd be one of the passed out ones if I was there. LOL.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Ah Shannon. How many times have I been in that position? I've lost count. Party on Shan! At least you're willing to post pics here. I only post that sort of thing on my Facebook!

8:05 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i love your friend's patchwork pants. i want me some.

and congrats, again :)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon! it took me forever to find this link. I miss you so much and am so glad to see you are having such a great time!! I love the pic of you asleep sitting upright. that is tits up homie! haha
We gotta get together soon.. this momma needs a VACATION!!!!
hola Jason!
love love love
Darah

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home