Friday, April 13, 2007

Don’t look now, but I’m about to do something athletic…

in public! The very nice lady who was kind enough to vacate her job so I could take it has also been nice enough to help me out and train me, for which I am very grateful. She has moved on to work with the American Cancer Society, so when she mentioned to me yesterday that there was a run/walk event in Madison this Saturday I went ahead and signed up. I’m going to run a 5k tomorrow! If you want to toss a nickel in my bucket or just view the very flattering picture of myself that I posted on my page, check it out: My ACS Run/Walk Page. Several of my friends, family and colleagues have chipped in, so a big thanks to them!

I’ll let you know how it goes. I know I’m not going to win any speed awards (not that there are any, it’s just a charity event) but if I finish in less than 35 min I will be damn proud of myself. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

that's GREAT news!!! good for you...actually it IS good for you. and others...that's awesome shanani...take pictures!

4:13 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Go Shan!!! Can't wait to hear about it... Have fun!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home