Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Meme madness

It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these here meme things, but this one promises to be fun because each participant gets 5 unique questions asked of them. Thanks kiki for the awesome questions.


1. I LOVE the photo you use as your profile image. But I have always wanted to know more about it. Not just where you were, but why, exactly, YOU love it.

Thanks! That picture was taken during my sister’s weeklong bachelorette party in Costa Rica last June. After a day of sunbathing, playing in the ocean and consuming local beverage delicacies (Imperial – la cerveza de Costa Rica!) we went to have dinner at this little place on the beach (our chairs and table were literally set in the sand). After dinner the waiter came around with boxes of Cuban cigars, so of course my cousin and I decided we must split one. I love the picture because it reminds me of that perfect evening, the sun setting on the ocean, that superb cigar, the start to one hell of a week. And you look at least 10 times sexier when you’re smoking a cigar ;)

2. Was just perusing your 100 things, and saw that you were a redhead for a while. (Me too!) I rather enjoyed it. Why did you do it, what did you like/dislike about it, and why did you let it go?

My fascination with red heads reaches far back into my childhood. My first Cabbage Patch Kid had red hair, as did every subsequent one. Strawberry Shortcake was my personal hero. I don’t know, I’ve always just loved red hair. When I went away to college it just seemed like the thing to do, so I got me some Feria magic. I liked it because having red hair in some small part fulfilled a sort of fantasy version of me that I always pictured in my head (you know where I’m also tall, thin, and have perfect skin?). I kept it up for about three years, but I am not a high maintenance gal and hate the fumes, so I let it grow out. Now I am marrying a true red head, coincidence?

3. I'd love to know your take on astrology. I poo-poo it but love it and think it's really awesomely cool. (I also like infomercials, though, so right.) What's the most seriously you've ever been about astrology?

Like most things, I like astrology when it confirms something I already believe. If I disagree, it’s a bunch of hogwash anyway, so who cares? I used to read tarot a bit, but that just really confirmed for me that you can make a bunch of stuff up and people will take it seriously if the cards tell them so.

4. What's your greatest fear about your wedding? Not your marriage, your wedding? Because if they haven't started yet, let me tell you -- BIZZARO WEDDING dreams will kick in soon enough. Perhaps venting some of your more ridiculous fears will help ease this phenomenon.

Sadly, I remember very little to nothing about my dreams. Um, I don’t know if I’ve really had time to get freaked out about anything yet. It’s still over a year away, so it’s a pretty low-pressure deal right now. I guess rain might become an issue since the ceremony is outside, but we’ll deal with that with the tent back-up plan if we have to. Also, I really don’t deal well with interpersonal conflict, and I know weddings can be very sensitive for some people, so I hope that everyone in the bridal/groom parties and families all get along through the whole thing.

5. If you could just randomly call up some celebrity and have their attention and actually get into a real conversation with them, who would it be, and what would be the gist of your conversation?

Um, this is a tough one. I don’t really spend any time thinking about celebrities I’d like to chat up. I guess I might call up one of the rich and powerful ones and see if I could get myself a job working for them that would make me famous/rich/and or influential by association. Tom Hanks? Sure, that sounds good.


That was fun. First 10 people who want 5 questions get them!

13 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

i LOVE being a redhead!!!

and i want 5 questions please!! :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

OK, Tabitha, here goes. You may notice some of these are compound questions, just think of that as me trying to be all reporter like ;)

You are one of those married folks. Being that I am about to become one of these myself, I’m curious to find out how other people like it. How long have you been married? How did John propose? What was thing that most surprised you about being married?

I love your dreadlocks. What motivated you to get them? Do you feel people treat you any differently because of your hairstyle? Any regrets?

Like me, you come from a large family (yours is even bigger if I remember correctly). How do you feel that influenced your childhood? Did you tend to think of your sibs as competition, or friends?

You seem to get around quite a bit. What was your favorite trip and why?

What made you interested in becoming a massage therapist? Do your clients get naked? (just kidding about that last part…sort of…)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

My answers may be totally lame and boring, but I'm game to try. 5 questions? Fire away!

9:03 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i don't want any questions (i'm kind of a private person, believe it or not!) but i wanted to say that it's so cool to read more about you!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

All right, another taker!

Carrie, here are your questions:

I think Canada is awesome. What is your favorite part about being Canadian?

You manage a wine/liquor shop if I remember correctly? That is wicked cool. I love wine, some would say perhaps a bit too much. And you have a healthy respect for beer, I admire that in a woman. What wine or beer would you pair with a spicy Asian-inspired tofu dish?

You seem to be on a mission to find the perfect seitan recipe. What’s the best simmered seitan recipe you’ve tried?

You love your dog like a child, as do I. Some people might say there are advantages to just having a dog instead of children. Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

Bryan Adams. What’s the attraction?

8:06 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hi shanani...i don't want any qeustions either but i did enjoy reading about yours...i was a redhead too and mine was by mistake. i treid to go brown but my blonde hair sucked it up and turned a GORGEOUS shade of red.

haven't be able to duplicate it since...

10:32 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I'll take 5 questions please!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Doctor_Norf said...

Me Me Me! Pul-eese???

3:12 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Just for you 'nessa:

You are quite crafty. What was your first craft obsession, and what was the best item you created ever?

What are looking forward to most about becoming an auntie?

You’ve got the travel bug. I know you’ve traveled in Europe and have another trip to Italy coming up. Are there any off the beaten path trips you really want to take, like Antarctica or something?

If you could quit your job and make up your own career (threat of financial instability notwithstanding) what would it be?

You, like me, are a pub dweller on occasion. What’s your favorite from the tap?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Dr. Norf, I presume.

How do you like living in London? Would you ever consider living elsewhere?

Fozzie Bear is awesome. Do you use his image as your profile pic because you think you have some things in common?

Some Americans tend to feel that the international opinion of the US citizenry has dropped significantly in recent years, with our image falling to lazy, greedy, fat, warmongers. Reflective of our leaders, or the general population, or just unfair stereotyping? As an outsider, what do you say?

What is the craziest thing a man has ever said to you in a social situation (pub/party/etc.)?

What is your biggest fashion pet peeve?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

those were great ?'s Shan - you can see the answers over on my blog

8:14 PM  
Blogger Doctor_Norf said...

Hey, thanks so much! I've posted 'em to my blog.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Sitcomgirl said...

Oh I've always wanted to be a redhead. I'm afraid I would never make time for all the maintenance though.
I'll take 5 q's!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home