Wednesday, May 09, 2007

News flash: I am officially old

Because now I have a mortgage. If that doesn’t make you sound like a certifiable A-dult I don’t know what does.

Yes, Jason and I have taken the brave step forward into home ownership. I have to give J a lot of the credit for doing much of the legwork and research, and we ended up with a fantastic townhouse after a scant couple weeks of looking. And we got a kick-ass rate on a 30-year fixed mortgage (see? Me old.)

We are closing on June 8 and plan to move in the following week. We still need to rent our apartment to someone else, so if you know anyone in the Madison area looking for a great 2 bedroom on the west side, please send them our way.

This is a serious upgrade in living space, and the condo association pool and clubhouse are steps from my front door. I will probably post some pictures after we move. OMG, we’re moving in a month! SO EXCITED!

PS – Just so you know I’m using “old” in a figurative sense, not indicating that anyone my age or older is actually old old. Just indicating that to me it seems kind of crazy and surreal that I am about to own actual property. I’ve been a renting nomad for so long, it might take a while to adjust.

PPS – Happy birthday to T-Bone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

congratulations on owning a home! It's so exciting, yet so scary (and hence, why I still rent!!)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Congratulations! So scary, but also SO SO SO exciting.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Well a GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

How exciting! Congratulation... I can't wait to see the pics!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Congrats! It's hard, believe me. I'm actually thinking of selling now. Although, you have two incomes and you're in Madison. I have ONE income and I'm in the Bay Area, CA. YIKES! Am I freakin nuts?!

Good luck again. That's awesome!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home