Thursday, May 03, 2007

Say it with me…Frittata!

Fun to say, no? Especially of you roll the "r".

Inspired by Urban Vegan, I dusted off the old VwaV and actally tried a new recipe. The frittata, p. 14.



I ended up making a few subs (sweet-hot mustard instead of Dijon, zucchini instead of asparagus, re-hydrated sun-dried tomatoes instead of oil-packed, and frozen basil cubes + dried basil instead of fresh…I think that’s it.)

The verdict: delicious, easy, versatile and filling! This is a good recipe to use up whatever vegetables you might have around waiting to go bad. Reminiscent of tofu scramble, but even easier to make I’d say. Plus, squishing tofu with your fingers is fun. My own omnivore has yet to try it. I thought he might not like the mac n cheez, but he ate it up, so we’ll see.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

this looks delicious -- and the actual dish is pretty, too! praise seitan 0'greatness! :o)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks really really yummy.. really really *drool*
what is seitan O'greatness?
hah
Darah

9:31 AM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

It looks delish! I really like the color of the frittata against the fun plate as well.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

My answers are up.

7:52 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i don't know what i appreciate more, the great meal or the gorgeous plate it's on! Well done!! Yummy!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Looks fabulous--and the recipe's flexibility is such a benefit. I'm comign over for dinner, S. The omnis can take it or leave it. ;)

(But seriously, folks, I can't beleive how few foods we disagree on...I feel lucky about that.)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

The frittata looks wonderful, I need to pull out my cookbook. I also need to make that seitan o greatness. I agree about the great looking plate, so seasonally appropriate.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

mmmmmmm, looks delish!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home