Friday, June 08, 2007

Home Free

OK, as we all know homes are not free. Today we’re closing on our townhouse. GAH! (I don’t know what sound that is, but it’s really excited).

Last weekend I ran a 5k for the Komen Race for the Cure. It was pouring that morning, it was pretty muddy getting through registration, but luckily it cleared up by the time the race started. Great group of people to run with and plenty of cheerleaders along the route (literally, there were squads of little junior cheerleaders, they were freakin’ adorable). I didn’t finish in under 30:00 like I wanted, but I actually won something! I entered in a drawing at the New Balance sponsor table and won a free pair of shoes and a jacket. Now all I have to do is wait patiently for 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Jason’s mom is in town for the weekend, her birthday is tomorrow and I’ve got a work picnic to run, then we’re planning on moving most of our stuff on Sunday. Good thing I’m taking Monday off.

Happy Friday everyone!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I think the "GAH" is a ripoff of Ellen's "Kah".

8:46 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

congratulations!!! i think that's very exciting to soon have a place all your very own...

and congrats on finishing the race regardelss of the time. be proud woman! i can't even run to the bathroom anymore!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Shan! i'm so excited for you to have gotten out running that 5K... and in inclement weather, too. Good for you! i am so proud of you. And cool you won a pair of shooz AND a jacket. i have a pair of NBs that i wear on occasion. i used to swear by Saucony but now i go for Nike... That is great you won. How fun!!

And happy yer closing in on yer townhouse. That's VERY exciting. As you know, it's a rare thing for that to happen in SoCal...

Happy b'day to Jason's mom! "Yom Huledet Sameach" - that's Happy Birthday to You in Hebrew!!!

Hope you have a swift and easy moving day and a nice respite Monday from it all.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see pictures.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Nice job on the Komen run! That's great! You left a very nice comment on my blog a while ago, which I just now found (I'm a lazy blogger sometimes). So here's a delayed 'thank you' for the comment and a HUGE congrats on your run!!!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

5K - WOW! I can walk that now sweat, but run?! Kudos to you!! Moving to your new townhouse! Yea! Post pics, OK?

7:51 AM  
Blogger Seitan Wörshipper said...

Hello! Nice to see some finnish language in my blog-comments! Do you have lived in Finland? That what you said at you are missing that mushroom and berry picking, I like also those activites in summer. I think I`m going to picking some blueberries in late summer(augusti) when they are ready to pick up :)
You have also nice blog, tasty looking food pictures and lovely dog! See yo!

9:47 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Shan... come back!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

congrats on the house, running the race and winning the shoes. looks like lady luck is on your side these days. you better play the lottery while you're at it.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shan,

Have you gotten lost in your new home and can't find your computer to blog :)

xo,

TBone

7:17 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Congrats on your new townhome, winning shoes, and running for the cure! Things are definately going your way! :)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home