Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oh, hi! Didn’t see you there.

Yes, I’ve been a bad absent blogger. I seem to go through these phases. I have been enjoying summer, and going places and busy with work and stuff and not so much with the bloggy lately. I have lots of fun pictures and stuff to share in the near future, so stay tuned.

In not so fun news I came down with a viral infection last week. "Luckily" the worst of it was on the 4th, which I already had off and didn’t have plans for anyway. And I had a golf outing to run on Monday so I didn’t really have the time to be sick. Anyway, after feeling better for a couple days and getting through my event I started noticing strange symptoms in the right side of my face and finally went to urgent care last night after I was having trouble closing my right eye. Turns out I have Bell’s palsy, which can often occur after a viral infection. Most cases are thought to be caused by a virus similar to the one that causes cold sores (I got herpes! heh.). So I’m on anti-viral and steroid meds and following up with an ENT doc next week and it should be fine. In the mean time I look pretty doofy ‘cause half my face don’t work quite right. Yay, fun!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer. My house with AC and the pool are awesome. Hope to post lot o’ fun stuff this weekend since I don’t have much going on for once. Ciao.

15 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I've had that before. Not fun. it was my left side though. I freaked out. Thought I was having a stroke or something. Thankfully it goes away. :)

Hope you feel better soon!

12:45 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oy, Shan! Sorry to hear about this!! Here's hoping to a fast end to the Bell's Palsy... Scary stuff there. Looking forward to a "fun pix & stuff" -filled post from you when yer up to it.

And thanks for the nice words about the Matster. i think she's definitely feeling better but it's gonna be a while till she's back to her old (and she IS old!!) self again... Thank you for caring.

Feel better soon! *HUGS*

6:50 PM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Take care of yourself! And enjoy the pool!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Hey Shannon,

Glad you got it diagnosed. Ryan had it about 2 years ago - it was so funny to make him smile and only one side of his face worked (well, funny and sad).

We caught it right away, went to the Dr., and told him our diagnosis - ha - the wonders of the Internet.

Take care and get better!!

-Crystal

9:15 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Feel better!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oh no! how scary!! i have cold sores too!!! but i heard BP goes away. it's only temporary.

10:24 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Missed you! Hope you are all better now--yikes. What a scare.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

let us know how you're doing shanani!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Hi Shan, I'm sorry to hear about this. Must have been scary for you. Glad to know it'll go away. In the mean time, take care. XO

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine how terrifying that must feel - having half your face paralyzed. I hope you had a speedy recovery. Post pics of your house soon! We're all excited to see your new digs.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Had my follow up with the doc on Fri. Says it looks pretty good and should have a relatively short recovery time. It can take up to 12 weeks for some people! Got another prescription for the 'roids and checking back in 6 weeks.

I will find time to post soon, I promise!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

you'll be grand in no time. that's what you tell yourself multiple times a day and you WILL heal.

and congrats on your pound. that's one gone away FOREVER!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

I hope you're feeling better already! I've known a couple of people who have come down with this. One was a girl that was in a wedding party with me and she was freaking. By the time the wedding day had arrived, she was well enough that no one could tell. Take care of yourself and when you're ready to post all those amazing pictures, I'll be here, waiting to drool!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss ya!

HARMONIA

6:51 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i'm thinkin' of you, Shan.

*HUGS* from SoCal

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home