Thursday, October 25, 2007

Life ain't fair

This past Monday my cousin's son suffered a horrible accident and they had to amputate his right arm. I don't know why the universe lets horrible things like this happen, but if you could send good thoughts for his recovery it would be appreciated.


Thanksgiving 2005 - I meet Bennie for the first time

Little Bennie's surgeries have gone well and they plan to bring him out of sedation tomorrow. He's a trooper like his dad, so even though life is going to be a little different for him I'm hopeful that he'll be just fine.

Thanks for lending an ear and sending your healing vibes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I'm soooo soooo sorry. That is horrible. What a gosh darn shame. I"m so sorry!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannonon! That's terrible! How did it happen. I am definitely thinking of him. Can you please give me his full name and I will say a mishaberach (prayer for the sick) at shul this week?

xo,

TBone

12:22 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

I'm so sorry Shanani. I feel for you and your nephew...maybe he'll find more meaning in life becuase of this? Let's hope for that...

3:41 PM  
Blogger Valley Girl said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's son.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Thanks for your well wishing and prayers. After one week and four surgeries, Bennie is awake and almost breathing on his own. :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah P said...

aw I wish him the best of luck - he'll recover quickly, I know it!

and thanks for the comments on my blog - I've always wished I were really good at carving pumpkins, but I'm pretty bad... I console mydelf with the fact that I only use steakknives, instead of the expensive pumpkin-carving sets. ; )

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home