Sunday, November 11, 2007

Glorious Food!

I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my Veganomicon. In the mean time I've sampled a couple of the recipes available on the PPK. Here's the Hot Sauce Glazed Tempeh.



I've also used the marinade with tofu, it's excellent and easy to whip up with stuff I usually have on hand. I also made the Chickpea Noodle Soup (no pix sorry) and it's really perfect for this chilly weather.

Here's a couple test recipes from Melody that I made recently.

Seitan Turkey Breast



Served with mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed asparagus. I don't think I got the texture of the "turkey" quite right here, not a chewy as seitan I've made before. Flavor was still really good, and made for a satisfying meal.

This Black Bean and Quinoa Chili was a wonderful spicy dinner.



Both Woodman's and Trader Joe's were out of Quinoa so I settled for TJ's harvest blend, which is cous cous, orzo, baby garbanzos, and red quinoa. Very delicious.

I love the fall, it makes me want to cook again. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmmm . . . i love trader joe's! there aren't any in rhode island though. we have to drive an hour to get to one. but we decided that a trip to trader joe's once every six weeks is worth it in the amount of savings and selection and quality of food. plus we carpool.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

damn shanani...that turkey looks delicious!!! good job! are you chef now? you look it :)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

That chili looks awesome!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Wow, the seitan turkey (and everything else, for that matter) looks gorgeous!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jasmine's Journey said...

All that food looks really good. The top one looks like marinated meat. lol

~ Jasmine31 from 3FC

12:51 PM  
Blogger ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Yum, now I'm hungry!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

All of this food looks so delicious! I'd love a bowl of that soup -- in THAT bowl and everything! just like that. here. now. :)

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home