Monday, March 06, 2006

Ooops! I think you dropped something…

“You know who? Oh yes, please right this way!”

Having had my first Hollywood Oscar Party experience last night I can say it was interesting and a bit surreal, and I leaned that name dropping is the name of the game at the list check table. So much name dropping in fact that I was surprised no one tripped and fell on their way in. I ran a shift for the after party and let me tell you, you do not want to deal with people who think they are very important because they know someone important and you have to tell them they are not on the list. Indignant scoffing and desperate whiny cell phone calls will be made to people already inside the party. Also, everyone and their mother thinks they are entitled to a gift bag. Just sayin’. Other than dealing with a few of these unsavory moments, it was kind of fun and there was some good crowd watching to be had.

Now let the celebrity name dropping begin: Jennifer Love Hewitt was hosting the party, I didn’t actually meet her but she looked stunning and she’s shorter than you’d think. Sasha Cohen was there (she’s about half the size of JLH), the flying tomato kid, and some soap opera people I didn’t recognize. But the really exciting moment for me was when Mr. Eko of LOST showed up at my check in table. I tried to be cool but I’m sure I came off as a total star-struck spazz. He seemed very nice and I shook his hand and got him and his publicist their passes.

All in all I would say it was a good time. I wore a dress and bothered to get my hair and nails done and my co-workers would not shut up about how great I looked, so that was a little embarrassing. Just goes to show what a slob I am at the office most days I guess, hehe.


Edit: I just got pics from the photographer and couldn't resist posting them, my hair may never be that shiny again. You can click for big


Me and my boss




Some of my favorite work peeps

8 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

you did your nails?

i bow at your feet. where do you find the time?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

damn girl...you'z impohtant!!!

well that would be the only way i'd enjoy the oscars...it was the oscars right?

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Shan, you know I know all about ENTITLED peeps...you should have been at the Gore event! One woman yelled at us! Anyway, you should get me a gift bag :)

TBone

3:33 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Yes, it was the Oscars, and no, I’m not really so important, just a small cog in a machine but it was an honor to be part of such a big event. I spent about and 1½ at the salon getting a manicure, pedicure and a hair cut. I’m not nearly girly girl enough to do a decent job of these things myself, I don’t even own a hair dryer. It was pretty tedious, I don’t know why anyone refers to this stuff as “pampering”.

Also, a couple “celebrities” I forgot about: Bai Ling (really, check out the link for a good laugh), and Wilson Cruz, surprisingly more sober than he appeared at the AWLA event last fall at the same venue.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Oh, and also Frank DeCaro. TBone, we are in the fortunate position of knowing what asses "important" people can be. At the King Tut event at LACMA we had a big queeny hissy fit over having to wait in line to see the exhibit that they had been invited to see FREE OF CHARGE. It was the partner of a board member too. Always with the drama!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, you look absolutely amazing!!!

TBone

9:07 AM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Dahlink, you look LOVELY! *kiss kiss*

And I just now found a comment of your that alleged that you had MET CAP, IN THE FLESH.

Is this true? What's she like???

11:02 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Why thank you dahlink, and yes I did meet CAP at the WeHo SnB some weeks ago. Might have even been around Christmas time? She's very sweet as you might imagine but we didn't get too much of a chance to chat, she's very popular you know ;) I've been meaning to find the time to go back and knit with all the lovely ladies but it's on Thursday night which doesn't jive with my schedule too well most of the time. I've got gym plans this week and concert plans next week, so maybe the Thursday after that.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home