Monday, October 02, 2006

On Wisconsin!

A whole week since I’ve posted. Bad blogger, bad!

I had a pretty fun weekend. On Friday night we went to this sorority party in Brentwood that got busted by the cops, I felt like I was 17 again. I was pretty drunk off the Bud Lite keg by the time we were all getting shoo’d outta there, and I was laughing so hard at the absurdity of the whole situation. Even funnier: the party was on the 3rd or 4th floor, and on the way out from the stairwell there was another party going on down on the 1st floor so a lot of the party just relocated and didn’t actually leave. They were playing beer pong down there, talk about feeling like you were back in the day. Party 2 had a decidedly sketchier crowd so we decided to leave pretty quick.

On Satuday we hosted a little Badger party where we watched the TiVo’ed game against Indiana. No contest! We creamed ‘em 52-17. The only Hoosier in attendance (Becca, I’m looking in your general direction) seemed less than concerned. I blame her team’s pitiful performance on her lack of team spirit. We made mimosas and toasted to our good Badger friends Ben and Tosha on their recent engagement. The wedding will be held in Madison next September and the festivities will involve going to a game! They are so awesome.

Also, check it out! Our QB Stocco was named Big Ten Player of the Week.

Woooooo, Badgers!


Some of you may remember that I did the AIDS Walk last year.

Well, it’s that time again! Please clicky on the AIDS Walk icon over there in the sidebar to go to my personal fundraising page where you can learn more about this really important event.

I am leaving for my sister’s wedding in Wisco on Friday! I can’t believe this came up so fast, I have much to do this week.

Today is Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement. As you can see, I am blogging, and eating and working today, so not so much observing. Which is probably ok since I’m not actually Jewish. But to those of you who are hope you’re having an easy fast and g’mar hatima tova.

6 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Thank you, Shan :o) Been eating all night now! Ha!!

Tough one for me this year... made it until 6 p.m.; sundown was just after 6:30 here. *sigh* Did the prayer thing for a couple hours at temple, but i also was working at 4 p.m., so not the best way to spend the end of YK but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

On Wisconsin! We won't talk about how bad the Aztecs of SDSU are... i'll switch over to the Badgers the rest of the season. I'm a bandwagonner to the nth degree!

I'll check out your AIDS Walk page tomorrow. Have fun at the wedding this weekend, be sure to post pix, OK!?

*hugs*

How funny to be at a party that got busted... oy!

11:29 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

when i was a kid i did the aids walk every year for about 5 years. that's a tradition i really should restart

teddy

7:36 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I was wondering where you've been! Welcome back! Glad you are well! Miss you!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i'm a lame poster too.

your party sounds fun. and then you ahd another one??? someone's got a drinking problem and for once no one's looking at meee (sing last sentence to the tune of "neener neener neeeeeneeeerrr"

go red sox!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

party upon party sounds like fun! parties never really go away -- they just migrate. speaking of....have a great time at the wedding!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sign of a good party = the cops get called. Yahoo! LOL.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home